Psychiatry and behavioral health
Geisinger offers a broad range of services to help people whose lives have been touched by psychiatric conditions, emotional disorders and behavioral challenges. Our expertise lies in determining your unique needs. We then line up the right treatments and services to help you get back on track.
- Easy access to psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and clinical social workers.
- Specialized care for difficulties such as depression and other behavioral health disorders.
- A full range of addiction medicine services.
- Inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care provided by board-certified psychiatrists.
- Recommendations from neuropsychologists to help people with brain disorders live full lives.
Why choose Geisinger for psychiatry and behavioral health care?
- Highly skilled team: Our expertise spans all aspects of psychiatric care and behavioral health, including anxiety, complications from brain injuries and dementia. Many of our doctors completed specialized training (fellowships) in areas such as clinical psychology and behavioral medicine. This level of expertise helps us tailor treatments to meet your unique needs. Find a provider.
- Coordination: We work alongside medical providers to connect you with treatments to ease your body and mind. Our psychiatry and behavioral health specialists participate in medical care teams to serve people whose lives have been touched by heart conditions or cancer. This level of coordination is unique to the region and helps us spot conditions, such as depression, that can be easy to miss. Learn more about Geisinger's specialties.
- Support: When you come to Geisinger for care, you don’t have to go it alone. Our teams include social workers and case managers experienced in helping people navigate care for complex needs, such as addiction. Our dedication to your well-being helps your treatment stay on track. Learn more about addiction medicine.
- Leadership: Geisinger specialists are training the next generation of mental health specialists through medical education programs. We provide one-year fellowship trainings for doctors specializing in addiction medicine and neuropsychology.
Our psychiatry and behavioral health services
We want your quality of life to remain high, so we offer special services and programs if you are receiving treatments for complex conditions. You can receive exceptional care, close to home, with these services:
- A medication-assisted treatment program that helps people with addiction take the first steps toward recovery with medications to reduce cravings.
- Geisinger at Home, which lets people who are seriously ill receive care in their home instead of a nursing home.
- Memory and cognition programs, which use a team approach providing ongoing care for conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease. In a dedicated clinic people can be seen by many specialists including speech therapists, psychologists and social workers. We offer special services such as a driving simulator to test reaction times. Learn more about our Memory and Cognition Program.
- Counseling for parents of children with behavioral issues.
- Neuropsychology evaluations to help people with brain and nervous system challenges, including dementia, receive the treatments and support they need.
Psychiatry and behavioral health conditions and treatments
At Geisinger, you have many care options giving you more opportunities to achieve and maintain relief from emotional and behavioral disorders. Our programs are home to a level of expertise that is uncommon in the region. We listen carefully to you and coordinate the treatments and services you need to feel whole again.