Hand and wrist pain
Your hands and wrists are delicate structures, made up of tiny nerves, blood vessels, bones, tendons and muscles. Pain in and around your hand or wrist can limit your mobility and make even simple activities challenging. We are here to help.
What you should know about hand and wrist pain:
- Pain in your hands and wrists can have many causes, including injury and trauma or chronic conditions such as arthritis. We also see overuse issues, such as carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Our orthopaedic specialists treat many conditions that cause hand and wrist pain:
- Arthritis and tendonitis
- Carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Congenital hand and wrist conditions
- Dupuytren's contracture (which can cause fingers to contract toward the palm)
- Ganglion cysts and masses
- Tendon injuries
- Trigger and mallet finger
- Trauma and fractures
Why choose Geisinger to treat your hand and wrist pain?
- Specialized hand surgery care: When you come to Geisinger for hand surgery, you see fellowship-trained hand surgeons who have advanced training in complex surgeries. We also partner with a hand therapist, ensuring people who are recovering from wrist or hand injuries get the best outcomes possible.
- Range of treatments: We can treat a wide range of hand and wrist conditions, from carpal tunnel to acute injuries. Treatments include minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery, nerve decompression, tendon and ligament repair, and joint replacement.
- Focus on sports medicine: Through our sports medicine program, we treat several kinds of hand, wrist and finger injuries. We also work with athletes to try to prevent these injuries.
Our hand and wrist specialists help people gain mobility back, using a variety of treatments: