Cosmetic breast surgery
The size and shape of your breasts can affect your appearance and health. Large breasts can cause a strain on your back. Breasts that have lost elasticity can sag and feel uncomfortable. Our skilled surgeons can reduce, lift or enlarge your breasts to make you feel more confident and comfortable.
What you should know about cosmetic breast surgery:
- Breast augmentation surgery involves placing breast implants behind breast tissue or behind breast muscle. Breast implants are sacs filled with either saline (sterile salt-water) solution or silicone gel. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved both types of implants. Your surgeon can help you figure out which type is best for your desired results.
- Breast surgery can make it more difficult to breastfeed. One study found that women with breast surgery are three times more likely to have trouble producing enough milk.
Why choose Geisinger for your cosmetic breast surgery?
- Doctors with extensive experience and training: Our board-certified plastic surgeons have vast experience performing all types of breast surgery. Board certification means your doctor has passed rigorous, optional exams testing specialized skills. Learn more about plastic surgery.
- Range of treatment options: Whether you feel your breasts are too small, too large, too saggy or too uneven, our breast surgeons can help you achieve a well-balanced and shapely figure. Cosmetic breast surgery options include:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Natural-looking, realistic results: During an initial consultation, our providers explain that improvement is possible, but perfection is not. We set realistic expectations and seek the most natural-looking results possible, to ensure the women we help are pleased with their outcome.