For patients recovering from an accident, surgery or illness, or who are living with a chronic or acute medical condition, our home care service provides 24/7 access to healthcare in the comfort of your home.
What you should know about home health
- Nursing care may include wound care, ostomy care, infusions and catheter care.
- We also provide instruction for patients with chronic conditions like heart conditions and diabetes, as well as medication administration.
- Intermittent personal care provides support for bathing, nail care, oral hygiene and other daily activities.
- Physical therapy can include rehabilitation, gait training and mobility, as well as exercise programs to relieve pain and regain muscle strength and joint movement.
- Occupational therapy helps patients relearn physical activities and modify their homes.
- Speech therapy services may include instruction for post-stroke care and swallowing issues.
- Social workers offer counseling and community resources to help with the emotional, physical and financial stresses that can come with a medical condition or crisis.
- Our Maternal Child Health Program provides mothers and babies with specialized care during and after pregnancy. We focus on newborns, premature infants, infants with jaundice or who are discharged from the neonatal intensive care unit, high-risk prenatal women and postpartum mothers.
Why choose Geisinger for your home health?
- Named one of the top home health care agencies in the country, we offer the superior and comprehensive care you can expect from a nationally renowned medical system.
Home care conditions
Through Geisinger Home Health & Hospice we serve central and northeast Pennsylvania, treating a full range of conditions including:
- Acute illness
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema
- Head injuries
- Heart disease
- IV therapy needs
- Maternal and child health
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-stroke care
- Terminal illness
- Wound and incision care