Geisinger offers the highest quality heart care in the region. Our specialists treat all types of heart and blood vessel conditions, including the most complex. From preventive care to heart surgery, our heart care team’s mission is to keep you and your loved ones healthy and active.
Why choose Geisinger for your heart care?
- Birthplace of Proven Care: Our heart surgery team invented ProvenCare®, beginning with coronary artery bypass graft surgery. This innovative program standardizes quality care for certain procedures. With ProvenCare, patients are less likely to experience complications or be readmitted to the hospital.
- Highest quality heart care: We treat a high number of people with heart disease, including complex heart failure, life-threatening arrhythmias, aortic aneurysms, and heart valve disease. This combination of experience and expertise helps us provide the best heart care possible.
- Access to more heart specialists: We have more heart subspecialists than any other program in central and northeastern Pennsylvania. When you see a Geisinger cardiologist or cardiothoracic surgeon, the doctor has specialized training to treat whatever heart problem you have.
- Team approach to treatment: Our heart experts work together as a team. You not only benefit from your doctor’s expertise, but from the expertise and experience of their partners and colleagues, including leaders in the field.
Heart conditions and treatments
Our heart care team diagnoses and treats all types of heart conditions. We offer non-invasive procedures as well as advanced surgery.
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Coronary artery disease
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Heart attack
- Heart disease and cancer/CardioOncology
- Heart failure
- Heart imaging
- Heart surgery
- Heart valve disease
- Heart valve surgery
- Left ventricle assist device (LVAD)
- Mitral regurgitation (leaky valve)
- Pacemakers and defibrillators
- Pediatric cardiology
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) and MitraClip
- Women’s heart health