Heart and vascular care
Geisinger offers the highest quality heart and vascular care in the region. Our specialists treat all types of heart and blood vessel conditions, including the most complex. From preventive care to heart surgery, our heart care team’s mission is to keep you and your loved ones healthy and active.
Why choose Geisinger for your heart and vascular care?
- Birthplace of Proven Care: Our heart surgery team invented ProvenCare®, beginning with coronary artery bypass graft surgery. This innovative program standardizes quality care for certain procedures. With ProvenCare, patients are less likely to experience complications or be readmitted to the hospital.
- Highest quality heart care: We treat a high number of people with heart disease, including complex heart failure, life-threatening arrhythmias, aortic aneurysms, and heart valve disease. This combination of experience and expertise helps us provide the best heart care possible.
- Access to more heart and vascular specialists: We have more heart and vascular subspecialists than any other program in central Pennsylvania. When you see a Geisinger cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeon or vascular surgeon, the doctor has specialized training to treat whatever heart problem you have.
- Team approach to treatment: Our heart and vascular experts work together as a team. You not only benefit from your doctor’s expertise, but from the expertise and experience of their partners and colleagues, including leaders in the field.
Heart and vascular conditions and treatments
Our heart care team diagnoses and treats all types of heart and vascular conditions. We offer non-invasive procedures as well as advanced surgery.
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Carotid artery disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Mitral regurgitation (leaky valve)
- Varicose veins
- Vascular disease
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
- Heart surgery
- Heart imaging
- Heart valve surgery
- Left ventricle assist device (LVAD)
- Pacemakers and defibrillators
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) and MitraClip
- Vascular surgery
- Heart disease and cancer/CardioOncology
- Women’s heart health