Heart and vascular care
Geisinger offers the highest quality heart and vascular care in the region. Our specialists treat all types of heart and blood vessel conditions, including the most complex. From preventive care to heart surgery, our heart care team’s mission is to keep you and your loved ones healthy and active.
Why choose Geisinger for your heart and vascular care?
- Birthplace of Proven Care: Our heart surgery team invented ProvenCare®, beginning with coronary artery bypass graft surgery. This innovative program standardizes quality care for certain procedures. With ProvenCare, patients are less likely to experience complications or be readmitted to the hospital.
- Highest quality heart care: We treat a high number of people with heart disease, including complex heart failure, life-threatening arrhythmias, aortic aneurysms, and heart valve disease. This combination of experience and expertise helps us provide the best heart care possible.
- Access to more heart and vascular specialists: We have more heart and vascular subspecialists than any other program in central Pennsylvania. When you see a Geisinger cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeon or vascular surgeon, the doctor has specialized training to treat whatever heart problem you have.
- Team approach to treatment: Our heart and vascular experts work together as a team. You not only benefit from your doctor’s expertise, but from the expertise and experience of their partners and colleagues, including leaders in the field.
Heart and vascular conditions and treatments
Our heart care team diagnoses and treats all types of heart and vascular conditions. We offer non-invasive procedures as well as advanced surgery.
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Carotid artery disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve disease
- Mitral regurgitation (leaky valve)
- Varicose veins
- Vascular disease
- Ablation : Our doctors use strong energy to destroy tumors, with cold gas freezing them (cryoablation) or microwave radiation heating them (radiofrequency).
- Angioplasty : This minimally invasive procedure opens a blocked artery to help restore blood flow to your heart.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy : CRT can help correct arrhythmias for people who have both atrial fibrillation and heart failure.
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) : This surgery helps restore blood flow to the heart when the coronary arteries are severely blocked.
- Heart surgery : Use to treat many heart-related problems and is recommended if medication and other less-invasive treatment have not or cannot help.
- Heart imaging
- Heart valve surgery : Through surgery, our surgeons are able to repair and replace diseased heart valves.
- Left ventricle assist device (LVAD) : An implantable device, LVAD can help the heart recover and act as a bridge to heart transplant.
- Pacemakers and defibrillators : These implants regulate abnormal heart rhythms and reduce the risk of heart attack.
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) : This minimally invasive procedure replaces the aortic valve without surgery.
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) and MitraClip : This procedure can provide an alternative to valve surgery for certain people with mitral valve regurgitation.
- Vascular surgery : Vascular surgery treats various problems with blood vessels outside the heart.
- Watchman : Your doctor may recommend this implanted device to reduce your stroke risk.
- Heart disease and cancer/CardioOncology
- Women’s heart health