Our pediatric urologists successfully manage a range of kidney and bladder conditions, from the common to the complex. Their care includes help for children born with physical abnormalities affecting the structure of their genitals or their urinary tract function.
Children require special evaluation and treatments. We develop a personalized approach for each child, sometimes diagnosing conditions before birth. Plans may include medication, behavior modification and, when needed, surgical correction.
Why choose Geisinger for pediatric urologic care?
- Specialized care: The urologic conditions children experience are unique and require additional training. Our pediatric urologists have an additional 7 to 9 years of training beyond medical school. They dedicate themselves to treating the special needs of children.
- Precise surgery: Physical abnormalities, blockages and tumors may require surgery. Our pediatric urologists use the daVinci® robotic surgical system to perform complex and delicate surgeries through tiny incisions. The result is faster healing and shorter hospital stays. Learn about minimally invasive procedures and surgery.
Special clinic for bladder challenges: Our Bladder Elimination Through Training, Education and Resources (BETTER) Clinic helps children with bladder challenges and related issues. A team of specialists works together to provide gentle and effective care. We identify appropriate treatments to make your child more comfortable and confident. The conditions our team treats include:
- Incontinence, including bedwetting
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Kidney stones
Urologic conditions and treatments
Our team of pediatric urologists has specialized training to treat even the most complex urologic conditions, in infants to adolescents.
- Behavioral therapy
- Biofeedback and muscle training
- Bladder modifications
- Blocked urinary tract
- Groin hernias
- Kidney and bladder stones
- Lifestyle and diet modifications
- Penis and testicle abnormalities
- Physical abnormalities, including genitalia and urinary tract birth defects
- Robotic laparoscopic surgery
- Undescended testes
- Urinary reflux
- Vesicoureteral reflux (reverse flow of urine)