Whether your child needs a checkup or help with a complex condition, we offer specialty care across the region and close to home. Consider us your partner in delivering the innovative, collaborative care your family needs. We understand all physical and developmental needs, from birth to young adulthood.
In addition to preventative care, ill visits and anticipatory guidance, our pediatricians have access to a full range of highly qualified pediatric subspecialists. We consider it a privilege to care for your child and welcome new referrals. We offer convenient hours and locations throughout central, northeast and south-central Pennsylvania.
Geisinger Pediatrics focuses on prevention and early intervention. Our dedicated team is backed by the powerful resources of Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, a full array of pediatric subspecialists and innovative pediatric therapies and research.
Why choose Geisinger for your child’s pediatric care?
- Convenience: We provide pediatric care close to home, so you and your child don’t have to miss work or school to travel to appointments. We offer convenient appointment times for both pediatricians and many other pediatric specialists in clinic locations throughout our region.
- Personal relationships: Your Geisinger pediatrician makes the effort to know you and your child. We believe this personal approach helps us deliver the best care, with your doctor appreciating your child’s unique needs. The close relationship promotes wellness and prevention and allows us to act quickly and effectively should illness or injury occur. Our pediatricians offer:
- Well-child visits
- Routine physicals, as well as sports and camp physicals
- Anticipatory guidance to help parents navigate each developmental stage
- Acute ill visits
- Follow-up care
- Referrals to other specialists
- Chronic disease management: Many childhood and adolescent diseases (such as asthma, headaches, abdominal pain, ADHD, acne and so many more) can be managed by a general pediatrician who knows the child and coordinates their care with needed pediatric subspecialists.
- Collaborative care: Our pediatricians work closely with the large network of other Geisinger pediatric specialists, from behavioral health to urology. Together, they provide care to your child where and when it is needed.
- Urgent care for injuries and illness: Children don’t just get sick between 9 and 5 on weekdays. We understand your family needs care at all times. We offer urgent care at clinics during the evening and on weekends. For the most serious cases, our emergency departments are served by on-call pediatricians and other pediatric specialists. Learn more about emergency, trauma and critical care.
- Child-friendly approach: Children are not small adults. They require a different type of care. We’ve built a child-friendly approach from the ground up:
- Our pediatric facilities were developed with children in mind. Colors, counter height and the disposition of our team help keep children comfortable.
- Whether your child needs evaluation or treatment, you can rest assured that we have invested in the latest child-centric technologies for improved care.
Pediatric conditions and treatments
Our pediatricians and pediatric specialists are trained to provide preventive care, as well as handle illness and injury in children of all ages.
- Adolescent medicine and puberty disorders
- Behavioral or developmental concerns
- Injury care
- Sick-child visits, illness
- Urgent care
- Well-child exams