Optometry and ophthalmology
Our optometry and ophthalmology group provides the best eye care possible for patients of all ages by offering vision care ranging from routine eye exams to complex surgical treatments.
What you should know about optometry and ophthalmology
- Optometrists and ophthalmologists are doctors specializing in eye care, including basic vision care and correction, diagnosis of sight-related problems and surgery.
- Changes in eye health can be an early sign of debilitating conditions or diseases, such as diabetes.
- Pediatric eye care is especially important, since many common childhood eye conditions can be easily corrected if they’re caught early.
Why choose Geisinger for optometry and ophthalmology?
- Our patient-centered approach is designed to keep your eyes healthy, at every stage of life.
- Our eye doctors recognize the importance of healthy vision in allowing you to live life fully.
Optometry and ophthalmology conditions and treatments
Our optometrists and ophthalmologists provide complete eye care for all vision problems.
- Abrasions of the cornea
- Assistive vision aids
- Blockages or swelling
- Contact lenses
- Diabetic eye conditions
- Diseases of the cornea
- Dry eye syndrome
- Eye surgery
- Eyewear centers
- Infections, such as conjunctivitis
- Inflammation of the eyelid
- Low vision
- Macular degeneration
- Optic neuritis, or inflammation of the optic nerve
- Retinal care
- Retinal degeneration
- Rosacea and red eye irritation
- Uveitis, or inflammation of the eye