Patient benefits of using telemedicine
- More timely and easier access to high-quality specialty care
- Earlier diagnosis and decisions on the best care plan
- Cost savings as a result of not traveling for specialized services
- Confidentiality, just as if you were in a specialist's office
- Comfort, by remaining in your community with family support
Provider benefits of deploying telemedicine
- More timely patient access, to accelerate improved clinical decision making
- Reduced unnecessary transfers
- Increased quality and efficiency
- Community benefit, by providing a broader level of specialty care
- Security, as transmission of patient information through telemedicine only occurs over private, secure lines
Payor benefits of covering telemedicine
- Reduced costs associated with acute utilization, through earlier diagnosis and detection
- Improved member services
- Reduced member travel to receive specialty care
- Improved provider coordination for better quality and cost management
Providers interested in receiving telemedicine services from Geisinger can contact Strategy and Business Development.
Insurance companies requesting additional information about Geisinger's telemedicine program can contact David Friel with Third-Party Contracting.
The American Medical Association has reported that as many as 70 percent of all doctor visits are for information only or for matters that can be managed through telemedicine. Data shows that more than 36 million Americans have been treated through telemedicine consultations.