Lisa Bailey-Davis, DEd, RD
Dr. Bailey-Davis’ research interests include intergenerational prevention of obesity and related chronic diseases, multi-level interventions that integrate delivery care systems across settings and translating the best available evidence into practice to advance population health goals. Her research aims to improve the understanding of the correlates and determinants of obesity to prevent and reduce obesity beginning from conception through adolescence.
Consistent with this focus, she is involved in multiple epidemiological studies that provide insight regarding the origin of health and disease as well as trials to test prevention strategies. The complexity of obesity demands a systems approach for meaningful solutions. Dr. Bailey-Davis leads multi-level intervention trials that translate the best available evidence into system solutions to improve patient-centered care, health service efficiencies and prevention effectiveness. Community-based research, patient-engagement strategies, professional training, health information technologies and electronic data sharing are core approaches in these trials that investigate implementation and health outcomes. Dr. Bailey-Davis has a long-history of disseminating findings into broad scale population health programs and utilizing frameworks to evaluate reach, health impact and sustainability.
- Bailey-Davis L, Wood GC, Benotti P, Cook A, Dove J, Mowery J, Ramasamy A, Iyer NN, Smolarz BG, Kumar N, Still CD. Impact of Sustained Weight Loss on Cardiometabolic Outcomes. Am J Cardiol. 2022 Jan 1;162:66-72. doi: 10.1016/j.amjcard.2021.09.018. Epub 2021 Oct 24. PMID: 34702552.
- Bailey-Davis L, Pinto AM, Hanna DJ, Rethorst CD, Still CD, Foster GD. Qualitative inquiry with primary care providers and specialists about adult weight management care and referrals. Transl Behav Med. 2022 Feb 23:ibac006. doi: 10.1093/tbm/ibac006. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35195267.
- Harris HA, Moore AM, Ruggiero CF, Bailey-Davis L, Savage JS. Infant Food Responsiveness in the Context of Temperament and Mothers' Use of Food to Soothe. Front Nutr. 2022 Jan 11;8:781861. doi: 10.3389/fnut.2021.781861. PMID: 35087856; PMCID: PMC8786708.
- Bailey-Davis L, Wood GC, Cook A, Cunningham K, Jamieson S, Mowery J, Naylor A, Rolston DD, Seiler C, Still CD. Communicating personalized risk of diabetes and offering weight reduction program choice: Recruitment, participation, and outcomes. Patient Educ Couns. 2021 May;104(5):1193-1199. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2020.10.017. Epub 2020 Oct 12. PMID: 33097360.
- Peyer KL, Bailey-Davis L, Welk G. Development, Applications, and Refinement of the Family Nutrition and Physical Activity (FNPA) Child Obesity Prevention Screening. Health Promot Pract. 2021 Jul;22(4):456-461. doi: 10.1177/1524839920922486. Epub 2020 May 19. PMID: 32429704.
BS Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University
DEd Adult Education, Penn State University,
RD Registered Dietitian,
MA Nutrition Education, Immaculata College, 2001