Michael A. Evans, RPh, MBA, FASHP
Michael Evans is the Vice President/Chief Pharmacy Officer for Geisinger.
As Chief Pharmacy Officer, he is responsible for overall strategy development, administrative oversight, and leadership for Enterprise Pharmacy at Geisinger. He and his pharmacy leadership team members have successfully built a robust network of pharmacy programs for Geisinger’s integrated delivery system. The programs consist of Acute and Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacy Programs, Retail/Mail Order/Specialty Pharmacies, Geisinger Health Plan Pharmacy, Infusion, Formulary, Informatics, and Center for Pharmacy Innovation and Outcomes. Our pharmacist collaborative practice model for acute and chronic disease management has Geisinger on the forefront of multidisciplinary patient care. The Medication Therapy Disease Management(MTDM) program was named the recipient of the ASHP Award of Excellence for 2016 and a finalist in Medication Safety for chronic pain management. Geisinger is an integrated health services organization which is widely recognized and has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service.
Evans received both the 2015 Next-Generation Health-System Pharmacist Award and the 2015 Next-Generation Pharmacist Award
Evans received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Millersville University and degree in pharmacy from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Sciences, Philadelphia, PA.
- Jones LK, Ladd IG, Gionfriddo MR, Gregor C, Evans MA, Graham J. Medications requiring prior authorization across health insurance plans. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2020 Apr;77(8):644-648. Full Text
- Jones LK, Ladd IG, Gregor C, Evans MA, Graham J, Gionfriddo MR. Understanding the medication prior-authorization process: A case study of patients and clinical staff from a large rural integrated health delivery system. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019 Apr;76(7):453-459. Full TextWright E, Evans M, Kern M, Gionfriddo M. How Geisinger Health System Reduced Opioid Prescriptions. Harvard Business Review. 2018 Nov 19. Full Text
- Gionfriddo MR, Pulk RA, Sahni DR, Vijayanagar SG, Chronowski JJ, Jones LK, Evans MA, Feldman SR, Pride H. ProvenCare-Psoriasis: A disease management model to optimize care. Dermatol Online J. 2018 Mar;24(3):13030/qt5xt2s05b. Full Text
- Jones LK, Greskovic G, Grassi DM, Graham J, Sun H, Gionfriddo MR, Murray MF, Manickam K, Nathanson DC, Wright EA, Evans MA. Medication therapy disease management: Geisinger’s approach to population health management. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2017 Sep;74(18):1422-1435. Full Text
- Graham J, Sanchez RJ, Saseen J, Mallya UG, Panaccio MP, Evans MA. Clinical and economic consequences of statin intolerance in the United States: results from an integrated health system. J Clin Lipidol. 2017 Jan;11(1):70-79.E1. Full Text
Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management at Western Governors University
Registered Pharmacist, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, 1996