Michael Suk, MD, JD, MPH, FACS
Research InterestsDr. Suk’s research related interests include: Orthopaedic Trauma related conditions (bones that fail to heal correctly); Orthopaedic Infection; Geriatric Fracture Care; Health, Wellness and Physical Activity; and Legal Medicine.
- Morgenstern M, Erichsen C, Militz M, Xie Z, Peng PJ, Stannard J, Metsemakers WJ, Schaefer D, Alt V, Soballe K, Nerlich M, Buckley RE, Blauth M, Suk M, Leung F, Barla JD, Yukata K, Qing B, Kates SL. The AO trauma CPP bone infection registry: epidemiology and outcomes of staphylococcus aureus bone infection. J Orthop Res. 2020 Jul;1-11.
- Borade A, Sanchez D, Kempegowda H, Maniar H, Pesantez RF, Suk M, Horwitz DS. Minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis for periprosthetic and interprosthetic fractures associated with knee arthroplasty: surgical technique and review of current literature. J Knee Surg. 2019 May;32(5):392-402.
- Haas D, Halamka J, Suk M. 3 ways to make electronic health records less time-consuming for physicians. Harvard Bus Rev. 2019 January.
- Nicolay RW, Tawari AA, Kempegowda H, Suk M, Mullis B. How often are protocols followed at level I trauma centers? J Surg Orthop. 2018;27(2):109-112.
- Benotti PN, Still CD, Craig Wood G, Seiler JL, Seiler CJ, Thomas SP, Petrick AT, Suk M, Irving BA. Surgical weight-loss to improve functional status trajectories following total knee arthroplasty; SWIFT trial: rationale, design and methods. Contemp Clin Trials. 2018 Jun;69:1-9.
- Borade A, Kempegowda H, Richard D, Graham J, Suk M, Horwitz D. Is “early total care” a safe and effective alternative to “staged protocol” for the treatment of Schatzker IV-VI tibial plateau fractures in patients older than 50 years? J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Dec;31(12):e400-e406.
- Kempogowda H, Richard R, Borade A, Tawari A, Graham J, Suk M, Howenstein A, Kubiak E, Sotomayor V, Koval K, Liporace F, Tejwani N, Horwitz D. Obesity is associated with high perioperative complications among surgically treated intertrochanteric fracture of the femur. J Orthop Trauma. 2017 Jul;31(7):352-357.
- Borade A, Kempogowda H, Maniar H, DeGiacomo A, Tornetta P, Bramlett K, Marcantonio A, Marchand L, Kubiak E, Ip W, Kellam J, Bender J, Meinberg E, Kee J, Renard R, Suk M, Horwitz D. External validation of the clinical indications of computed tomography (CT) of the head in patients with low-energy geriatric hip fractures. Injury. 2017 Jul;48(7):1594-1596.
MPH, Boston University School of Public Health , 1995
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1995
- MD, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, 1997
- Resident, Montefiore Medical Center, 1997-2002
- Orthopaedic Traumatology Fellowship, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College, 2002-2003