Chadd K. Kraus, DO, DrPH, MPH, CPE, FACEP
Research InterestsChadd Kraus, DO, DrPH, MPH, CPE, FACEP, is system director, Emergency Medicine Research, and an associate professor. He earned his doctor of osteopathic medicine from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine PCOM and his master of public health and doctor of public health degrees from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Dr. Kraus completed an Emergency Medicine residency with Lehigh Valley Health Network. His research interests include clinical ethics; population and public health topics; diagnostic approaches to acute and emergency conditions; evidence-based medicine; and health policy.
- Clinical Ethics; Population and Public Health topics; Diagnostic approaches to acute and emergency conditions; Evidence-based medicine; Health Policy
PCOM (DO); Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (MPH, DrPH); Lehigh Valley Health Network (Emergency Medicine Residency)
Recent Indexed Peer-reviewed Publications (selected):
- Stickles SP, Carpenter CR, Gekle R, Kraus CK, Scoville C, Theodoro D, Tran VH, Ubinas G, Raio C. The
Diagnostic Accuracy of a Point-of-Care Ultrasound Protocol for Shock Etiology: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis” CJEM. 2019;21(3):406-17. PMID: 30696496.
- Baker EF, Kraus CK, et al. Open Access Medical Journals: Promise, Perils, and Pitfalls. Acad Med.
2019;94(5):634-39. PMID: 30570493.
- Kraus CK. Moskop J. Marshall KD. Bookman K. ACEP Ethics Committee. Ethical Issues in Access to and
Delivery of Emergency Department (ED) Care in an Era of Changing Reimbursement and Novel Payment Models. J Am Coll Emerg Physicians Open. 2020;1(3):276-80. PMID: 33000043.
Recent Book Chapters
- Kraus CK. Chapter 17: "12/10" Abdominal Pain. In: Baker EF, ed. Legal and Ethical Issues in Emergency Medicine. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2020:121-125. ISBN: 978-0-19-006642-0
- Kraus CK. Chapter 19: Everyday J. In: Baker EF, ed. Legal and Ethical Issues in Emergency Medicine. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2020:131-135. ISBN: 978-0-19-006642-0
- Kraus CK. Chapter 24: An Industrial Accident. In: Baker EF, ed. Legal and Ethical Issues in Emergency Medicine. New York, NY: Oxford University Press;2020:163-166. ISBN: 978-0-19-006642-0