Shuping Ge, MD, FACC, FASE
Shuping Ge, MD, FACC, FASE, is system chair of pediatric and adult congenital cardiology at Geisinger. His major research interests include:
- Cardiovascular imaging methodologies for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases, including the use of real-time 3D echocardiography, speckle tracking imaging (2D and 3D) for strain analysis and artificial intelligence in cardiovascular imaging.
- Fetal cardiovascular disease, including computational fluid dynamics used in fetal circulation and fetal heart disease and quantitative fetal echocardiography in fetal cardiovascular disease.
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease from childhood, including the use of artificial intelligence in disease prevention.
- Li Y, Chen Z. Ge S. Sonoporation: Underlying Mechanisms and Applications in Cellular Regulation. BIO Integration. 2021; Read full text
- Zhang L, Feng X, Zhang D, Jiang C, Wang J, Zhang C, Li H, Xia X, Kong S, Liao J, Jia H, Pang X, Song Y, Tian Y, Wang B, Wu C, Yuan H, Zhang Y, Li Y, Sun W, Zhang Y, Zhu S, Wang S, Xie Y, Ge S, Zhang L, Xie M. Deep vein thrombosis in hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Wuhan, China: Prevalence, risk factors, and outcome. Circulation. 2020 Jul 14;142(2):114-128
- Guo Y, Gao S, Kang L, Han J, Zhang Y, Weng Z, Shang J, Hao X, Zhao Y, Ge S, He Y. Comparison of prenatal ultrasound and postmortem findings in fetuses with common pulmonary vein atresia. Echocardiography. 2019 Jun;36(6):1153-1158.
- Zhang Y, Sun C, Jiang C, Zhao W, Wang W, Cao Q, Ge S. Prenatal diagnosis of caudal regression with heterotaxy syndrome: "A mermaid with a broken heart". Echocardiography. 2019 Feb;36(2):415-418
- Gu X, Zhu H, Zhang Y, Han J, Zhang H, Liu Y, Wang A, Liu B, Xue J, Sun B, Weng Z, Ge S, He Y. Quantile Score: A New Reference System for Quantitative Fetal Echocardiography Based on a Large Multicenter Study. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2019 Feb;32(2):296-302
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Shandong University School of Medicine, 1980 – 1986
- Master of Medical Sciences (pediatrics/pediatric cardiology), Qi Lu Hospital, 1986 – 1989
- Research fellowship (cardiovascular ultrasound), Oregon Health Sciences University, 1993 – 1995
- Research assistantship (cardiovascular physiology), Oregon Health Sciences University, 1995 – 1996
- Research fellowship (cardiovascular ultrasound), Wake Forest University Bowman Grey School of Medicine, 1996 – 1997
- Residency (pediatrics), St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center, 1997 – 1999
- Fellowship (pediatric cardiology), The Children’s Hospital at University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1999 – 2002