Lodging for Adults with Cancer
Your home away from home
Undergoing treatment for cancer is disruptive, especially if you must be away from the comforts and convenience of your home and family. Finding comfortable and inexpensive lodging is a burden we’d like to help you avoid. Nestled in a secluded wooded area of Geisinger's Danville campus, the House of Care provides low-cost, convenient and comfortable lodging for adult patients with cancer and one family member. Guest stays can range from one night, to keep an early morning appointment at Geisinger Medical Center, to several weeks, while undergoing extensive treatment. We do ask that all patients who stay at the House of Care are capable of taking care of themselves.
Accommodations include private bedrooms, community social areas, television rooms, full self-service kitchens and a laundry facility.
At our “Home Away from Home,” guests may enjoy:
- Relaxing alone time in their rooms
- Spending time with other guests in front of the fire
- Watching television in one of our common rooms
- Cooking in our full, communal kitchen
- Computers for internet access
- Free WiFi internet
- A complimentary shuttle bus to escort guests to and from Geisinger Medical Center
- Free use of the Danville Area Community Center Gym
At the House of Care, we believe in the therapeutic value of community and social interaction. We emphasize this through the variety of shared living spaces at the House. As a way of encouraging interaction and conversation between guests, we have chosen to leave televisions out of guest rooms.
To learn more about us, stop by our facility for a tour! (any day between 9am - 9pm)
Danville, PA 17822-2800
View Interactive Campus Map