Updated April 26, 2023
- All information on the Sites is copyrighted by Geisinger.
- Please don’t reuse information—including images—from the Sites without our written permission.
- We can’t provide medical advice on the Sites or through email. If you’re having a medical emergency, call 911.
- To use online payment, you’ll need to agree to allow us to display your information on our secure site.
- You’re responsible for activities that occur on your account.
- We’re not responsible for content on other websites that we link to.
- You can link to our Sites, but please refer to #2 above.
2. Restrictions on Use and Ownership
- All pages within the Sites and any material made available for download are the property of Geisinger and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Geisinger hereby grants site visitors, including patients and members, a nonexclusive license to use the Sites solely for personal, informational, and non-commercial use.
Use of certain features of the Sites requires registration and creation of a user name and password.
- Competitive Advantage: You may not use the Sites to obtain materials, data, or information for purposes of gaining a competitive advantage.
Commercial Benefit / Financial Gain (Payment): You may not use the Sites for commercial purposes or provide your login credentials in exchange for payment.
Non-Personal Use: The Sites are intended for personal use only. Do not provide your login credentials, including user name and/or password to third parties.
- Competitive Advantage: You may not use the Sites to obtain materials, data, or information for purposes of gaining a competitive advantage.
3. Trademark Notice
- The Sites display multiple trademarks and service marks which are owned by Geisinger. You agree not to display, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, exploit or use in any manner any trademark, service mark or logo displayed on the Sites without the express written permission of Geisinger or the third party that may own the trademark, service mark or logo. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate state and/or federal trademark law.
4. Communications and Claims of Copyright Infringement
- In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), Geisinger is registered with the United States Copyright Office as a Service Provider. Any notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Geisinger’s Legal Department, 100 N Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822-4031.
5. No Medical Advice
- Nothing on the Sites may be considered medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All health and health-related information contained within the Sites is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a visit to a healthcare professional. The information you obtain from the Sites might be inappropriate for your own situation or might be misinterpreted. Geisinger assumes no responsibility for how you use the information you obtain from the Sites.
- If you have an emergency, or think you need to speak to someone urgently, please do not rely on the email communication or other online communication options provided to you through the Sites. Neither email nor any other application available through the Sites is a substitute for appropriate and timely contact with your physician. The Sites are not a substitute for consultation with your physician. You should never change or stop any course of treatment prescribed by your physician without first consulting him or her. Only your physician can properly diagnose and treat your illness.
- Also, please note that although we strive to keep our information up to date, information changes rapidly, and some information may be out of date.
6. Online Payment
- In order to use the online payment service, you are required to complete the enrollment process by providing Geisinger with complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable enrollment form provided on the enrollment screen. By completing the enrollment form, and clicking the "I Agree" button, you authorize Geisinger to display your statement and payment information on a secured Internet site. You are responsible for keeping your correct and current email address information in your customer profile. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, banking information, credit card information and account information.
- FURTHERMORE, YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES THAT OCCUR UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY GEISINGER IMMEDIATELY UPON YOUR DISCOVERY OF UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND ANY OTHER BREACH OF SECURITY. GEISINGER WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE MISUSING YOUR PASSWORD, BANKING INFORMATION, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND ACCOUNT EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. HOWEVER, YOU COULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR LOSSES INCURRED BY GEISINGER OR ANOTHER PARTY DUE TO SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR PASSWORD. YOU MAY NOT USE ANYONE ELSE'S ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE ACCOUNT HOLDER.
- Geisinger reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of its online payment service. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of the online payment service constitutes your agreement to all such terms.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES. INSTEAD, YOU AGREE THAT THE SITES, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THEM OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AS WELL AS WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEBSITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY GEISINGER OR GEISINGER’S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
- GEISINGER CANNOT ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON ITS SERVER WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES, AND BECAUSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INPUTTING INFORMATION ONTO GEISINGER’S SERVER, GEISINGER CANNOT ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON ITS SITES WILL BE ACCURATE. THUS, GEISINGER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY OF CONTENT OF THIS INFORMATION. GEISINGER HAS PROVIDED THE INFORMATION ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MARCHANTIBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GEISINGER NEITHER WARRANTS THAT THE USE OF THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, NOR THAT ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
8. WAIVER, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF
- IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, NEITHER GEISINGER, NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR ANY RELATED APPLICATIONS. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST GEISINGER, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS) FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITES.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, GEISINGER AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITES ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITES, AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITES AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. FURTHER, GEISINGER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL USE OR CONDUCT OF A USER OF THE SITES.
9. Visitor Chat Rooms and Other Interactive Areas
- Geisinger may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas of the Sites where visitors transmit or post Communications or communicate solely with each other, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other user forums, and the content or any such Communications. Geisinger, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Geisinger retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, Communications that include any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate.
10. Links or Pointers to Other Sites
- Geisinger makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that you may access through the Sites or any entity that may post its advertisements on the Sites. When you access a non-Geisinger site, please understand that it is independent from Geisinger, and that Geisinger has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-Geisinger website does not mean that Geisinger endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site or its privacy practices that may be different from Geisinger. Geisinger does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on the Sites, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection therewith. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download are free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Sites, you do this entirely at your own risk.
11. Hyperlinks to This Site
- Persons constructing other websites may of course link to any of the pages on the Sites. However, you may not copy any of the materials from the Sites onto your own Web server for any reason. Also, you may not link to isolated elements on the Sites (including photographs, illustrations, diagrams, buttons, text, or any other elements whatsoever) for the purpose of "inlining" them into the context of other web pages, or for linking such isolated elements to other web pages. In other words, link to entire pages on the Sites, or don't link at all. Any other use will be a violation of copyright and could subject you to legal action.
- Web mirror sites, and commercial online services, may request written permission to cache the entirety of the Sites to their hard drives for the purpose of enabling people to access them more easily or view them more rapidly. Note, however, that under no circumstances will they be granted the right to copy parts of the Sites piecemeal, but only to copy the entirety of the Sites, preserving all the interior and exterior links, and not employing any of the materials out of their original context.
13. Choice of Law and Venue
15. Third Party Rights
- The provisions of paragraphs 8 (Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability) and 14 (Indemnification) and are for the benefit of Geisinger and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
16. Term; Termination
19. CMS Blue Button Program
(b) We will notify you if Geisinger is sold or merged into another entity.
(c) The notice will be provided electronically though the Blue Button portal on Geisinger’s website.
(d) If you inform Geisinger that you are opting out of the Blue Button program through the Blue Button portal, Geisinger will delete the Blue Button information that we received from CMS about you.
20. Entire Agreement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE ARBITRATION OF CERTAIN DISPUTES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND LIMIT THE PROCEDURES BY WHICH YOU AND GEISINGER CAN SEEK RELIEF.
Class Action Waiver. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you and Geisinger agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, on an individual basis, and that you and Geisinger each waive any right to pursue claims on a class, collective, non-individual, mass, or consolidated basis or in a representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not join or consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of representative, collective, non-individual, mass, or class proceeding. Nothing in these terms should be read to allow class arbitration. Any claim that all or part of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. All other disputes with respect to whether this Dispute Resolution provision and its terms are unenforceable, unconscionable, applicable, valid, void or voidable shall be determined exclusively by an arbitrator, and not by any court.
Pre-Arbitration Notice and Good Faith Negotiations. You and Geisinger also agree that each party will notify the other in writing of any Dispute before initiating arbitration, so that we can try to resolve the Dispute informally and individually. Notice by Geisinger will be sent to you at your last known street and email addresses on file, and notice by you to Geisinger will be sent by mail to Geisinger ‘s Legal Department, 100 N. Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822-4031, Attn: Chief Legal Officer. The notice of Dispute must be specific and individual to you and include your name, street address, telephone number, and email address used for access to the Sites, as well as a brief description of the Dispute, the amount of money (if any) at issue, and the specific relief sought. The notice must be signed and include your handwritten signature or the handwritten signature of a Geisinger employee, as applicable, depending on which party is initiating the Dispute. You and Geisinger then agree to negotiate personally, individually, and in good faith to try to resolve the Dispute. If and only if we cannot resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the notice is received, then either party may commence an arbitration proceeding with a written demand for arbitration. Any limitations period will be tolled from the date the Dispute is noticed to the other side until the expiration of this thirty (30)-day period. Compliance with this Pre-Arbitration Notice provision is a condition precedent and requirement for initiating any arbitration proceedings.
Arbitration Fees. The party initiating the arbitration will pay any filing, case initiation, or arbitrator fees, up to the amount that would be required to pursue the same claim in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (currently, $402.00). For individual damages claims with less than $25,000 at issue, Geisinger will pay the additional, reasonable fees and costs of arbitration. For claims with more than $25,000 at issue, or where a party seeks injunctive or declaratory relief, the parties will share the fees and costs of arbitration equally. The parties’ good faith negotiation of reasonable fees with the arbitration provider is authorized as needed. If the arbitrator determines that your or our claim(s) are frivolous, the party bringing the frivolous claim(s) will reimburse the other party for any amounts that other party paid for the arbitration.