Skip to main content

We’ve updated our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy. By using this site, you agree to these terms.

Geisinger becomes the first member of Risant Health

Behavioral Health Care

Behavioral health services include both, mental health services and substance use disorder services. These services are provided through behavioral health managed care organizations (BH-MCOs) that are overseen by the Department of Human Services’ Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS).

You do not need a referral from your PCP to get behavioral health services, but your PCP will work with your BH-MCO and behavioral health providers to help get you the care that best meets your needs. You should let your PCP know if you, or someone in your family, is having a mental health or drug and alcohol problem.

The following services are covered:

  • Behavioral health rehabilitation services (BHRS) (children and adolescent)
  • Clozapine (Clozaril) support services
  • Drug and alcohol inpatient hospital-based detoxification services (adolescent and adult)
  • Drug and alcohol inpatient hospital-based rehabilitation services (adolescent and adult)
  • Drug and alcohol outpatient services
  • Drug and alcohol methadone maintenance services
  • Family based mental health services
  • Laboratory (when related to a behavioral health diagnosis and prescribed by a behavioral health practitioner)
  • Mental health crisis intervention services
  • Mental health inpatient hospitalization
  • Mental health outpatient services
  • Mental health partial hospitalization services
  • Peer support services
  • Residential treatment facilities (children and adolescent)
  • Targeted case management services
Colored bar.

You can call your BH-MCO toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

To find the BH-MCO for your county, choose your county using the link below. You can also call Customer Care at 1-855-227-1302, PA Relay 711 to get contact information for your BH-MCO.

Content from General Links with modal content