We’re committed to giving you the information you need to make informed decisions about your care. That includes providing access to timely, accurate estimates for out-of-pocket costs and supporting price transparency so you can understand the complete cost of your care.
It’s just one of the ways we’re making healthcare easier.
Geisinger’s price estimator tool
Our fast, free tool will provide you an estimate of your cost-sharing responsibility prior to receiving care at Geisinger locations. You’ll receive the most accurate estimate based on the information available at the time of your request. The estimate is not a guarantee of your final charges -- the actual cost may vary based on what services you need*.
If you’re uninsured, our patient financial counselors are here to help. Call us at 800-640-4206 to speak with one of our counselors or request an in-person appointment.
*Disclaimer: Geisinger's price estimate is not a guarantee of the charges or benefits for a service. Actual charges may differ due to the healthcare provider's medical determination during a visit, complications, length of visit, medical coding changes or changes in a patient’s condition.
Price estimates made easy
Requesting a price estimate is simple, and it only takes a few minutes.
Existing MyChart users
Current MyChart users can receive a price estimate by:
- Signing in to your MyChart account
- Find the "Billing" menu option
- Select the "Estimates" feature
Not a current MyChart user?
If you're not an existing MyChart user, you can access our price estimates using the MyChart guest feature.
Price estimates by phone
If you'd like to call for an estimate or need additional information on your estimate, call us at 800-640-4206.
When you call, you'll need:
- Your health insurance card (if applicable)
- The type of medical procedure you're considering
- The Geisinger location where the medical procedure will be performed
Determining your cost
Your out-of-pocket cost is based on a few things:
- The contracted rate your insurance carrier will pay the hospital
- Any copay, deductible or coinsurance required by your benefit plan
- Cost – The amount you’ll pay for out-of-pocket services.
- Charge – The dollar amount a provider sets for services before negotiating any discounts.
- Price – The total amount a provider expects to be paid for healthcare service. For more information, review the Consumer Guide to Healthcare Prices.
Referrals and preauthorizations
To find out if your insurance requires a referral or preauthorization, or to request a referral, call CareLink at 800-275-6401.
Transparency in pricing and standard charge list
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) require all hospitals to post a list of their standard charges — a Charge Description Master — online and update it yearly. Effective January 1, 2021, CMS guidelines now require hospitals to disclose all standard charges for care for all items and services provided by the hospital. This includes
- Gross charge
- Discounted cash prices available to patients who self-pay
- Payor-specific negotiated charges for all payors
- De-identified minimum and maximum negotiated charges
Hospital standard charge list
Hospital charges are the same for everyone, including our payors. This data doesn’t include physician charges, which are billed separately.
The charges listed are subject to change and may not reflect the exact amounts billed.
Medication charges fluctuate and vary based on dosage, frequency and the manufacturer’s average wholesale price.
For a complete list of pricing, choose your hospital from the list below. This information is updated yearly.
- Geisinger Medical Center – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Community Medical Center – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Lewistown Hospital – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital – updated 7/1/2023
- Geisinger Medical Center Muncy – updated 7/1/2023