Sign in with your plan to search doctors, pharmacies and covered drugs:
What is Medicaid (GHP Family)?Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that offers affordable health insurance at little to no cost for those who qualify. It offers coverage for healthcare needs including doctor visits and hospital stays.
GHP Family is an insurance plan that provides healthcare coverage to residents of Pennsylvania who are eligible for Medicaid.
Why choose GHP Family?Geisinger Health Plan offers quality, comprehensive coverage for all eligible Medical Assistance recipients.
Each year, more than 500,000 members throughout Pennsylvania choose GHP Family for our high-quality Medicaid plan. Need a routine doctor’s visit? Or something more involved, like diabetes care or an eye exam? We cover it all — to keep you and your family healthy.
A few reasons why GHP Family might be right for you:
Our large provider network
- More than 31,000 primary care physicians and specialists available to you
- Hospitals across Pennsylvania
- Our expert staff are organized in teams and specially trained to handle questions about specific plans
- Available by phone or online, six days a week
- Innovative wellness programs available online, in person and by phone
- Personalized services support and educate you to cover all your healthcare needs
Special Needs UnitOur Special Needs Unit is here to help if you:
- Need help scheduling or getting to your medical appointments
- Take multiple prescription medications
- Have a child with special needs
Getting you the care you need, when you need itOur nurse case managers are part of the GHP Family Special Needs Unit and can assist with health conditions or complex healthcare-related matters for you or your child.
When you’re a GHP Family member, you’re part of the Special Needs Unit team. We even have a committee that lets you share ideas on how to improve our health education services.
For more information about the Health Education Advisory Committee and how to join, call 855-214-8100.
If you’d like to enroll in GHP Family, first you need to apply for Medical Assistance. Then, if you’re eligible for Medical Assistance, you can choose GHP Family to provide your healthcare coverage if you live in Pennsylvania.
How to add a baby:
- If you have a baby while you’re a GHP Family member, your baby will be covered by GHP Family from the day they come into the world. Call 855-227-1302 as soon as possible after the big event so we can help you choose a primary care provider (PCP) for your new baby. Then you’ll receive a GHP Family member ID card for your baby. You’ll also need to contact your PA county assistance office to be sure your baby is enrolled in Medical Assistance.
How to add other family or household members:
- Anytime someone other than a newborn joins your family or household, you need to contact your county assistance office to find out if that person is eligible for Medical Assistance. If they are eligible, your county assistance office caseworker will help them enroll in Medical Assistance. Then your new family member can enroll in GHP Family online by visiting the PA Enrollment Services website, or by calling 800-440-3989.