Geisinger is an integrated health system providing our patients and members with the best care available.
We are an integrated health services organization widely recognized for innovative use of electronic health records and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator®, ProvenCare® and ProvenExperience®.
As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves millions of residents throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital became the newest members of the Geisinger Family.
We perform cutting-edge research in the areas of genetics and precision medicine, which are helping Geisinger advance clinical knowledge and bring promising treatments to the forefront.
We employ tens of thousands of individuals throughout our system of hospitals, research centers, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Health Plan.
In all, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies and has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service.
- We serve more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey
- Our physician-led system is comprised of approximately 32,000 employees, including 1,800 employed physicians
- Geisinger’s system has 13 hospital campuses and two research centers
- Geisinger Health Plan serves nearly 600,000 members throughout Pennsylvania and works with affiliates in Delaware and Maine
- According to a recent report by The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), it indicated Geisinger annually contributes more than $8.9 billion to the local, regional and state economy.
- Locally, Geisinger is responsible for nearly $1.2 billion in salaries, benefits, training and education and $336.6 million in community benefit
- Statewide, Geisinger is responsible for $8.9 billion in total economic impact; 36,664 jobs provided through direct employment and "ripple effect" job creation; and more than 9,000 jobs added in the last decade
Geisinger recognizes its responsibility to provide accurate public information. Media members can access information from Geisinger 24 hours a day through our designated media representatives and their associates (see Media Guidelines and How to Contact Media Relations).
We are proud of our record of providing the media with accurate, ethical and timely information and access to our health care facilities. In return, we ask that you respect our obligation to protect our patients' well-being and legal right to privacy. We offer media spokespeople and on a wide spectrum of medical specialties and sub-specialties. Call with inquiries on health topics ranging from primary care to transplant surgery.
If searching for a story idea or topic, Geisinger offers our media-tip-sheet with information updated monthly to highlight the hot topics in health and nutrition, including special medical awareness days. We also provide video elements for visual packages.