Specialized services to help our seniors live independently
LIFE Geisinger is a unique and innovative program for older adults designed to give them the support they need to live at home. Our program can help you or your loved one continue to live independently, while taking advantage of our comprehensive daily living and health services. Our compassionate and experienced team will help coordinate care for you or a loved one, based on individual needs. We also offer relief and support for caregivers.
Our team takes pride in getting to know you or your loved one and in creating a care plan that fits specific needs, even when those needs change over time. And as a full-service health system, we're able to provide specialized senior health and medical care, as well as a full range of daily activities to enhance our participants' quality of life.
Questions? Contact us at 800-395-8759 (TTY: 711) at the hours listed below for each location.
LIFE Geisinger Kulpmont
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LIFE Geisinger Lewistown
LIFE Geisinger Scranton
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LIFE Geisinger Wilkes-Barre*
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To qualify to become a LIFE Geisinger participant, individuals must:
- Be age 55 or older
- Meet the clinical nursing home criteria as determined by the Area Agency on Aging
- Be able to live safely within the community with services provided by LIFE Geisinger
- Live within the designated service territory in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Columbia, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Schuylkill or Snyder counties
Funding for the LIFE program is received from Medicare, Medicaid and/or private monies. Financial eligibility is based on current Medical Assistance Criteria or the ability to pay privately.
In order for LIFE Geisinger to provide the most efficient and effective service, we must provide and/or arrange for all of our participants' healthcare needs. An enrollee may be fully and personally liable for the costs of unauthorized services. This however does not include emergency services.
The enrollment process has several steps, however, we're here to assist you every step of the way. For more information on how to enroll, please fill out the form on the right.
A LIFE Participant may request to voluntarily disenroll from the LIFE Program at any time without cause. A participant's voluntary disenrollment is effective on the first day of the month following the date the PACE organization receives the participant's notice of voluntary disenrollment.
LIFE Geisinger health services
Our unique program goes beyond traditional methods to provide healthcare services to eligible adults 55 years of age and older. The services we offer may include adult day health center care, various health services, in-home care and activities designed to help our participants maintain their independence.
We offer a full range of health and medical services, at our day centers or in your home, designed to help you maintain your health and independence. Our health care team is available on-site every day and includes a primary care doctor who specializes in geriatric medicine, nurses, therapists, dieticians and other support staff. Our medical staff is on call evenings, weekends and holidays.
Our health services may include:
- Primary care and specialist care
- Nursing services
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Nutrition counseling and education
- On-site lab tests, X-rays, and other basic diagnostic services
- Pharmacy and medication management
- Prosthetics, orthotics, medical supplies, personal care supplies, medical appliances, and durable medical equipment
- Podiatry services including routine foot care
- Vision and eye care, including eye glasses
- Dental care, including dentures
- Behavioral health
- Audiology, including hearing aids
- Personal care for bathing, dressing and grooming
- Homemaker and chore services when needed
- Meals at the center and/or at home
- Respite care when needed
- In-patient care
- End-of-life services
- Nursing facility services
- Emergency care
- Transportation with door-to-door service to/from our center and outside medical appointments
If you or a loved one are struggling to keep up with daily tasks or need medical services at home, we're here for you. LIFE Geisinger in-home care offers:
- Skilled nursing services
- In-home visit from physicians and registered nurse practitioners
- Social services, case management and counseling
- Personal care
- Homemaker chore services
- Home-delivered meals
- In-home respite care
- Transportation services
Staying engaged and connected is an important part of living a healthy life. We believe socialization is a key component to well-being and often as important as the prescription medications you may take or the care you receive. At LIFE Geisinger, we offer a wide variety of activities to meet the interests and needs of all of our participants. These activities include:
- Community outings for lunch, shopping and area attractions
- Craft projects
- Art and music appreciation
- Board/card games
- Exercise and wellness
- Intergenerational programs
- Pet therapy
- Sensory stimulation
- Spiritual reflection
Service area for LIFE Geisinger Kulpmont
17824 Bear Gap/Elysburg
17828 Gowen City
17832 Marion Heights
17836 Leck Kill
17840 Locust Gap
17851 Atlas/Mt Carmel/Natalie
17865 Potts Grove
17866 Coal Township/Excelsior/Ranshaw
17952 Mary D
Service area for LIFE Geisinger Lewistown
17021 East Waterford
17035 Honey Grove
17076 Oakland Mills
17082 Port Royal
17213 Blairs Mills
17853 Mt Pleasant Mills
17060 Mill Creek
17066 Mount Union
17075 Newton Hamilton
17812 Beaver Springs
17831 Hummels Wharf
17843 Middle Creek
17843 Beaver Springs
17853 Mount Pleasant Mills
17862 Penns Creek
17864 Port Trevorton
17876 Shamokin Dam
Service area for LIFE Geisinger Scranton and Wilkes-Barre*
18411 Clarks Summit
18440 La Plume
18518 Old Forge
18519 Dickson City
18618 Harvey’s Lake
18621 Hunlock Creek
18622 Huntington Mills
18656 Sweet Valley
18661 White Haven
18704 Kingston/Swoyersville/Forty Fort
18706 Wilkes-Barre/Hanover Twp
18707 Mountain Top
Frequently asked questions
LIFE Geisinger covers the same services that other Medicare or Medicaid health plans cover, except in an all-inclusive setting.
If you need care while outside of the area (such as emergency or urgent care), you will need to notify LIFE Geisinger within 48 hours (or as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so).
If hospitalization outside the area is needed, LIFE Geisinger will work with the care providers to transfer you back to contracted facilities when appropriate.
No. Once you are enrolled in LIFE Geisinger, you will have:
- No copayments and no deductibles (although individuals will be responsible to pay for their Medicare part B premiums).
- All medically necessary prescription drugs. (These are covered under LIFE Geisinger Medicare Part D benefit.)
- All necessary over-the-counter drugs
- No threshold gaps in coverage and continuous coverage throughout the year
In some cases, there may be a monthly premium required to participate in LIFE Geisinger, depending on your income.
- Our dedicated senior health professionals get to know you personally
- Complete long-term care coverage
- Coordinated 24-hour advice and care
- Support for family caregivers
- Care designed specifically for your individual needs
- One health provider to oversee your care whether at home, in a hospital or in a nursing facility
- No coinsurance, deductibles or payments due for services you receive (for those who financially qualify)
At LIFE Geisinger, a dedicated, qualified team of senior professionals integrate care daily to provide individualized solutions for each participant’s unique needs. With one team overseeing all care, including medical needs, therapies, meals and nutritional counseling, social services, homecare, adult day services, medications, activities and socialization, personal care and more, you can be assured that all of your needs are met. Our program enables seniors to live independently at home, while receiving the services they need at the center and at home. Additionally, once services are determined to be a need, they are provided at no cost for eligible seniors.
The LIFE Geisinger staff is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our experienced medical team will advise what to do and make necessary arrangements to provide necessary care. If a medical emergency arises, we will be there to assist and support as we never relinquish the care of our participants.
The frequency of visits to the center will be determined based on your needs and preferences. Some of our participants come every week day, some come two to three times per week, some come once a month. Our services are specific to the unique needs of the individual.
Designating an appointed representative
An appointed representative is an individual appointed by you, or authorized by the state, or other applicable law, to act on your behalf in the grievance or appeals process in connection with your claim or asserted right under Title XVIII of the Social Security Act ("the Act") and related provisions of Title XI of the Act. The person you name to be your appointed representative can be a relative, friend, advocate, or doctor.
Download the form from CMS, here.
Date last updated: 2/20/2020
*LIFE Geisinger Wilkes-Barre is an alternate care site (offers a limited number of on-site services; however, all LIFE services continue to be coordinated and provided)