Geisinger has implemented a vendor program to ensure that patient care is not influenced by consideration other than what is best for the Geisinger patients. All Geisinger vendors are expected to become familiar with:
- Geisinger Vendor Policy
- Geisinger Code of Conduct
- Geisinger Corporate Compliance Program
- Geisinger Federal Deficit Reduction Act
- Geisinger Fire Safety Course
- Geisinger HIPAA Policy
- Geisinger Identity Theft Policy
- Geisinger Infection Control Education
- Geisinger Infection Control Surgical Suite Attire Policy
- Geisinger Loaner Equipment Policy
- Geisinger Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Geisinger Observational Agreement
- Geisinger Tobacco Free Policy
- Confidentiality for Vendors
Vendors are expected to uphold all guidelines set forth within each document. These documents may be updated from time to time.
In addition, Geisinger has enacted further requirements for clinical vendors (as defined in Section II of the Vendor Policy and Procedure) in the form of vendor credentialing, which is managed through symplr. These requirements have been put in place to better control vendor access and to help validate that all such vendors are appropriately trained, authorized and insured by their employer, further ensuring the safety of the patients, staff, visitors and vendors of Geisinger.
- If you are a clinical vendor, but are not a symplr member, go to www.symplr.com and click on Sign Up. Vendors needing assistance with signing up should contact symplr at 866-373-9725.
- Clinical vendors who already are symplr members should go to www.symplr.com and login using their current user ID and password to register with Geisinger.
Clinical and pharmaceutical vendors must be fully credentialed within thirty (30) days of notification.
Clinical vendors wishing to visit departments, sections or clinics at Geisinger must have an appointment and, upon arrival on a Geisinger property, will report to the appropriate clinical vendor registration area between 6 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Vendors who are checking in to Geisinger's surgical suites, are asked to leave their cell phones in the locker room area. Cell phones have a negative impact on some communication systems in our operating rooms areas and we vendors to be courteous of this rule.
Clinical vendor registration areas
- Geisinger Baltimore Drive - Front Desk
- Geisinger Bloomsburg Central Road - Orthopaedics Clinic
- Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital - OR Control Desk
- Geisinger Community Medical Center - OR Control Desk, or Colfax Avenue Information Desk
- Geisinger East Mountain Specialty Clinic - Podiatry
- Geisinger Grays Woods - OR Waiting Area
- Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital - Information Desk, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Enterprise Pharmacy
- Geisinger Lewistown Hospital - Main Entrance 3rd Floor Entrance or OR Control Desk
- Geisinger Medical Center - Information Desk, OR Control Desk, Enterprise Pharmacy, Cardiac Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, or Outpatient Orthopaedics Clinic
- Geisinger Medical Center Woodbine - Outpatient Surgery, Orthopaedics Clinic, or Interventional Pain
- Geisinger Orthopaedics Wilkes-Barre - Front Desk
- Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital - OR Control Desk
- Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre - OR Waiting Area
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center - Information Desk, OR Control Desk, Enterprise Pharmacy, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Interventional Radiology
If there is difficulty in locating a clinical vendor registration area, contact Supply Chain Services at 570-271-6628, option 2 for assistance.
All purchases made by Geisinger will be processed through the Procurement Department via a purchase order. All purchases are governed by the Geisinger Purchase Order Terms & Conditions referenced below. No other terms or conditions apply unless agreed to in writing signed by Geisinger and the seller. Purchase order numbers must be referenced on all invoices from vendors. Any invoice received without a valid purchase order number may not be paid.