Health Sciences Libraries
Right info, right time, @your fingertips
Providing premier clinical reference, point-of-care and journal literature
Our libraries provide clinical staff, researchers, scientists, patients and members of the community with access to clinical, evidence-based practices, journal articles, books and research-housed in digital resources.
Health Sciences Libraries for clinical researchersOur main Health Sciences Library is located at the Henry Hood Center for Health Research in Danville. There are also several regional locations, including Harrisburg, Lewistown, and Scranton. At each facility, Geisinger staff has 24/7 access to the physical library, as well as 24/7 secure remote access to all electronic journals, books, and other resources.
Physical libraries offer computer access (including EPIC), individual and group study areas and printing/copying.
Health Library professionals can assist with:
- Literature searches
- Document delivery
- Set up current awareness tools
- Emailed table-of-contents (ETOC) service
- Auto-alerts for topics that meet your needs
- Journal clubs copyright compliant via RefWorks
- Formatting citations in article bibliographies
Library education group/individual instruction can help with:
- How to use the databases
- Mobile apps
Locations, hours & contact information
Health Sciences Library at Geisinger Medical Center, lower level of the Henry Hood Center for Health Research
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed Saturday and Sunday
- Fax: 570-271-5738
Health Sciences Library at Geisinger Community Medical Center, POB, 2nd floor
- 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed Saturday and Sunday
- Fax: 570-703-8902
Health Sciences Library at Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital
- Not staffed –please call 570-271-6463 for assistance.
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed Saturday and Sunday
For patients, families and community
For patients, families and the community, visit our Community Health Library
Community Health Library