Volunteering, donating or sponsoring at Camp Courage
If you’re looking for a way to get involved in a worthwhile cause and help children work through their grief due to the loss of someone close to them, becoming a Camp Courage volunteer may be the ideal opportunity. We have many volunteer opportunities for interested individuals of any age. Geisinger Home Health & Hospice also offers a number of other ways to be involved, including through donations and sponsorships.
All volunteers are required to complete an application, interview and orientation. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Big Buddy: A volunteer who is paired with a child for the weekend/day
- Support volunteer: Someone who gives blocks of time during the weekend/day to help set up various activities and keep the program running smoothly
- Junior volunteer: A 16 or 17-year-old who plays a supportive role in assigned activities
We could not offer Camp Courage and the pre-camp session without the support of our wonderful volunteers. These men and women make a difference in the lives of children by giving their time and encouragement during our bereavement camps.
Volunteer applications can be found here. Submit completed forms to:
Geisinger Home Health & Hospice
Attn: Bereavement Camp
410 Glenn Ave.
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
For additional information, call 570-784-1723 or 1-800-349-4702.
DONATIONS AND SPONSORSHIPS
Camp Courage and our bereavement programs excel in part due to the generous donations of families and friends who have experienced the comfort and care we provide and the contributions and sponsorship of philanthropic organizations.
There are many ways to support the outstanding mission of our bereavement program. Your donations, contributions or sponsorship will be gratefully accepted and responsibly used. You may participate in any of the following ways:
- Sponsor a child/teenager or family attendance at a bereavement program event, like Camp Courage
- Conduct a fundraising event
- Become a corporate sponsor
- Directly donate to the program
Make a gift here.
The official registration and financial information of Geisinger Health Foundation may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Additional information is available by calling Geisinger Health Foundation at 800-739-6882. Geisinger Health Foundation, 100 N. Academy Ave., Danville, PA 17822-2576.