Terms & Conditions of Use
EMRLink Terms & Conditions of Use - User Agreement
YOU MUST READ AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING THE EMRLink SITE (HEREAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE "SITE").
GEISINGER SYSTEM SERVICES MAY PERIODICALLY UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ONGOING USE OF THIS SITE REPRESENTS YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES. YOU MAY VIEW THE MOST CURRENT VERSION THROUGH THE LINK THAT APPEARS ON THE BOTTOM OF THELANDING PAGE ON THE EMRLink WEB SITE.
USE OF CONTENT
This Site is designed for use by physicians, other healthcare professionals and their authorized staff to facilitate the secure transfer of Protected Health Information as defined at 45 CFR 160.103 and knowledge to coordinate treatment and medical care for our mutual patients.
PATIENT PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
The user understands and agrees that in the performance of their duties they are required to comply with federal and state laws and regulations regarding privacy (including without limitation the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) and must hold Protected Health Information in confidence. The user has a need to access Protected Health Information provided in EMRLink and agrees to only review patient information on a need to know basis. A breach of confidentiality occurs when the user inappropriately accesses or discloses Protected Health Information where there is not a need to know or a need to pass the Protected Health Information to others. This means that unless the user needs the Protected Health Information to perform his or her job, the user should not access, disclose or discuss Protected Health Information with anyone. This includes Protected Health Information about the user, family members, friends and co-workers.
USER ID, PASSCODE, AND ID VERIFICATION
The user understands that they will be assigned a User ID & a one-time use activation code. The user agrees to immediately select and enter a new passcode known only to them. The user understands they may change their passcode at any time and will do so when prompted. The user understands that they are to be the only individual using and in possession of their confidential passcode and ID verification token. The user is aware that the User ID, passcode, and ID verification are equivalent to their signature. Also, the user is aware that they are responsible for any use of the system utilizing their User ID, passcode, and ID verification. This includes data entered, viewed, printed or otherwise manipulated. If the user has reason to believe that their passcode and/or ID verification token has been compromised they will report this information to Geisinger Systems Services and they will also immediately change their passcode or arrange for re-enrollment of the ID verification token by calling the Service Desk at 570-271-8092.
BREACH OF AGREEMENT
A violation of professional standards for the protection of patient confidentiality is a violation of professional ethics and may be reportable to the State Board of Medical Education and Licensure. Any violations of this agreement are considered serious and will result in termination of use & may include civil and/or criminal actions against the individual user and their employer/contractor. Your personal liability for any violation of this policy will continue indefinitely.
The Site software is proprietary and is to be used only by authorized users. Any unauthorized use, copying, infringement, or other form of dissemination of the Protected Health Information contained in this proprietary resource, including screen displays, is strictly prohibited. Other software accessible from this Site may contain additional & separate rules for use and are incorporated into this agreement by reference.
Geisinger System Services will only maintain the web access application. All other maintenance, including but not limited to connectivity and devices, will remain the responsibility of the user.
YOU AGREE THAT GEISINGER SYSTEM SERVICES PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR ASSURANCES OF ANY KIND TO THE USER, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTINUITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, CHARACTERISTICS OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE.
The user agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Geisinger System Services, its employees, affiliates, contractors, agents and assigns against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands and fines whatsoever including third party and/or patient actions that may result from acts or omissions of the user, its employer, employees, affiliates, contractors, agents and permitted assigns in the access to, disclosure, use or disposal of Protected Health Information provided by Geisinger System Services under this Site.
TERM & TERMINATION
• This Agreement takes affect when accepted and will be in effect for one year. After that time, this Agreement shall automatically renew for additional one-year periods.
• This Agreement will terminate when a breach has occurred or at the request of either party (e.g., user no longer treats Geisinger patients, changes employment, loss of license). When this Agreement ends Geisinger System Services will revoke applicable Site access. I understand that Geisinger System Services may stop me from using the Service at any time without notice.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Additionally, the pages on this site are subject to the Geisinger System Services website's general terms and conditions as set forth at https://www.geisinger.org/about-geisinger/corporate/corporate-policies/terms-of-use
EMRlink User Access Agreement/General Provisions
1. I am entering into this User Access Agreement ("Agreement") as an Authorized User (an individual), as per the definitions included in the User Agreement. The User Agreement provided me is also part of this Agreement, and I understand the User Agreement may be updated from time to time. I agree to comply with everything in the User Agreement.
2. I understand I may change my passcode at any time and agree to do so when asked to do so to protect the information.
3. I understand that I am the only one allowed to use my passcode and ID verification. I agree that if I believe my passcode is no longer secure, I will change the passcode and notify Geisinger System Services immediately. If my ID verification has been compromised (e.g. mobile device or hardware token is lost or stolen), I will notify Geisinger System Services immediately.
4. I need to access Protected Health Information provided by the EMRlink Service ("the Service") to provide continuing medical care. I agree to hold all Protected Health Information I get through the Service as confidential forever.
5. I understand that getting or giving away Protected Health Information when there is not a need to know breaks the rules of confidentiality. I will not look at any Protected Health Information through the Service unless I need the Protected Health Information to help care for a patient. I will not talk about or pass on the Protected Health Information I access to anyone unless they also have a need for it or are required to receive it by law. This includes, but is not limited, Protected Health Information about family members, friends, coworkers or me.
6. I understand that not following the rules of patient confidentiality is a serious offense and may result in civil and/or criminal action. Breaking the rules of patient confidentiality is also a violation of medical ethics and that action will be reported to the State Board of Medical Education and Licensure. I understand my personal liability for not following these rules will continue forever.
7. I will not change the Service software in any way. I will let Geisinger System Services know if I believe that this has happened. If I suspect any problems with the Service, I will stop using it immediately and report the problem to my agent for the EMRlink Client.
8. I understand that the Service belongs to Geisinger System Services and can only be used by Authorized Users. Any use, copying, or other form of giving out the Protected Health Information contained in the Service is not allowed and may result in legal action against me.
9. I understand that Geisinger System Services may stop me from using the Service at any time without notice.
10. This Agreement takes affect when accepted and will be in effect for one year. After that time, this Agreement shall automatically renew for additional one-year periods.