Getting started with Geisinger Health Plan
Welcome to Geisinger Health Plan. We’re glad you chose us to provide your healthcare coverage. Here’s how to get the most out of your new plan.
What to expect
After enrollment, we’ll send you your ID card and information on your coverage. If you don’t receive your ID card within two weeks of your effective date, contact us.
Create an online accountMake sure you register for our member portal. That’s where you can get all the specifics about your plan.
Once logged in, you can also:
- Send secure messages to customer service.
- View and print a temporary member ID card.
- Search for providers in your network.
- Select and change your primary care physician online without having to call customer service.
- Access your claim documents.
Take advantage of your coverage
- Search our network for a doctor near you.
- Compare drug costs at local pharmacies.
- Get discounts on fitness center memberships, eyeglasses or contact lenses, chiropractic care and more with our Local Discounts program. You can even get discounts on local amusement parks.
- Use our health management programs to help you better handle your chronic conditions with personalized guidance from a registered nurse.
Update your information with your providers
Can I call for an appointment before my plan’s start date?
Yes, you may call ahead for an appointment, but the actual appointment date must be on or after the date your coverage begins.
Authorized representative form
Family and friends involved in your care: With your approval, GHP may disclose your protected health information (PHI) to family, friends and others you select to be involved in your care. Due to federal privacy regulations, GHP can’t share any information about your care or coverage with any other family member without this form.
To share info with a designated representative, you must complete and sign an authorized representative form.
Get the most out of your health insurance.
Find a doctor or pharmacy
See whether your doctor or pharmacy are part of our network.
Get tips and advice for living a healthy, happy life.
Log in to your account
To learn more, check your claim records, or update your information, log in to your secure account.