How to apply for GHP Kids
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) determines eligibility for CHIP applications and renewals.
You have several options to submit applications, renewals and verification documents:
Upload verification documents on the free myCOMPASS PA mobile app.
Local County Assistance Office
Mail, fax or drop off items in person to your local CAO.
Download an application
You can download, print and fill out our healthcare coverage application:
You'll need the following information when applying:
- Income amounts for your entire household before taxes, including income from employment and all other forms of income (e.g., Social Security, pension, workers' compensation, unemployment, child support)
- Social security numbers and birthdates for all applicants
- Daycare expenses for your household (if any)
- Work transportation expenses for your household (if any)
- Private health insurance information (if you have or had private health insurance in the last six months)
Renewing CHIP/GHP Kids coverage
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires that you renew your child's CHIP coverage every year. Submit your renewal:
- Online at dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS
- Over the phone by calling 866-550-4355 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- By mailing, faxing or dropping it off in person to your local CAO