How to apply for GHP Kids
We provide three easy ways for you to enroll your child or teen in GHP Kids. Choose the one that works best for you. Remember to renew your coverage every year.
Apply online using COMPASS
COMPASS is an online application for applying to many health and human service programs, including CHIP/GHP Kids. It’s a fast and easy way to apply for benefits, anytime and anywhere.
Visit the COMPASS website to learn more and apply.
Download an application
You can download, print and fill out our healthcare coverage application.
You'll need the following information when applying:
- Income amounts for your entire household before taxes, including income from employment and all other forms of income (Social Security, pension, workers' compensation, unemployment, child support, etc.)
- Social Security numbers and birthdates for all applicants
- Day care expenses for your household (if any)
- Work transportation expenses for your household (if any)
- Private health insurance information (if you have or had private health insurance in the last six months)
If you need to send us this information after you apply, you can mail it to:
Geisinger Health Plan
Mail Code 32-29
100 N. Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822-3229
Or fax the form to 570-271-5970.
Renewing CHIP/GHP Kids coverage
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires that you renew your child's CHIP coverage every year. When it's time to renew your child's coverage, we'll mail you a renewal form. There are three easy ways to renew:
- Online using COMPASS
- Over the phone by calling Geisinger Health Plan at 866-621-5235 or PA Relay at 711
- Using the paper form that we send you with the renewal notification letter
Geisinger Health Plan is committed to helping you and your child get the most out of their coverage.