Insurance fraud harms your reputation and increases costs for everyone. Learn how you can spot it and report it.
Stopping fraud before it happens
Health insurance fraud can lead to identity theft and cost companies millions of dollars, and raise the cost of healthcare for everyone. That’s why we’ve established an anti-fraud program, designed to help detect and eliminate potential fraud and abuse.
Fraud and abuse take many forms. Here are just a few examples:
- Requesting payment for a service that wasn’t provided
- Charging for a more expensive service than was actually provided
- Incorrectly stating a member’s condition or diagnosis to maximize payment
- Selling or sharing a person’s insurance identification number or information so false claims can be filed
- An employer enrolling subscribers who don’t work for his or her business under a group service agreement
Protect yourself. Use discretion when providing your health insurance information, including your member ID number. Never give out your information in exchange for free services or gifts.
If you suspect fraud or abuse, contact us:
- Email: FA@geisinger.edu
- Phone: The GHP Compliance Hot Line at 800-292-1627 or call the Customer Service Team number listed on the back of your insurance card:
- HMO: 800-447-4000 or 570-271-8763
- TPA, PPO: 800-504-0443 or 570-271-8770
- GOLD: 800-498-9731 or 570-271-8771
- TDD for the hearing impaired: 711
Geisinger Health Plan
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822-3220
Fraud and Abuse Investigation Referral Form
When you report fraud, you may remain anonymous. All reports are kept strictly confidential.
Learn more about Geisinger Health Plan.