Coronavirus coverage updates
Geisinger Health Plan members will have no cost-sharing for the COVID-19 vaccine. Please visit our FAQs for more information on the vaccine and availability.
- Members will not pay for a diagnostic COVID-19 test administered to determine the need for health care treatment, and will not pay any visit fees to PCPs, urgent care centers, or emergency rooms if they receive a diagnostic COVID-19 test during that visit. Testing and visit cost-shares in these circumstances will be waived for both in- and out-of-network providers. GHP does not cover costs related to COVID-19 surveillance testing for purposes such as work, school, or travel.
- If a member is hospitalized for COVID-19, all in-network, inpatient treatment costs will be waived.
The cost waivers will be in effect until July 31, 2022. This is applicable to all Geisinger Health Plan members. Self-insured/TPA groups may opt-out.
Cost-sharing for telehealth visits with participating network providers or our vendor Teladoc, for medical or behavioral health needs, whether or not the visit is COVID-19 related, will be waived through July 31, 2022.
- COVID-19 antibody testing will also be covered under any of these conditions:
- A member had symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection and multiple negative tests
- A member who has recovered from a documented COVID-19 infection and is now considering plasma donation
- A child with suspected multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C)
- Antibody tests must be ordered by a healthcare provider. Cost-sharing for antibody tests is also waived. Contact the customer care team for additional information.
Members may call their Customer Care Team at the number on their member ID card for more details.
Updated November 19, 2021
What else we're doing for our members:
Behavioral health: GHP is committed to providing access to mental health services for our members, even in times when social distancing makes a face-to-face visit to a doctor difficult.
That’s why we’re here to connect you with mental health services in your community, including doctors and healthcare providers now offering telepsychiatry appointments, which are visits held over the phone or through video chat, like FaceTime.
How to get started
- This service is available now, and year-round, to most GHP members. Just call 888-839-7972 (or find the number on the back of your insurance card) to get started. Our team is standing by Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to help.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services has also established a 24/7 Support & Referral Helpline to refer residents to local resources in their community that can provide assistance during the pandemic. It can be reached at 855-284-2494 or through TTY at 724-631-5600.
We will continue to evaluate the need for additional actions
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus for current news, testing information and prevention guidelines.
For questions about your coverage, please call the customer service phone number on the back of your member ID card.
Be on the watch for fraud, schemes and scamsGHP has received information from the U.S. Office of Inspector General that members should be on the watch for fraud schemes and scams related to the pandemic. Criminals are using the pandemic to gather personal information in exchange for alleged services, which can lead to identify theft.
The OIG recommends:
- Being cautious of unsolicited requests for personal or insurance information
- Being suspicious of any unexpected calls or visitors offering COVID-19 tests or supplies
- Ignoring offers or advertisements for COVID-19 testing or treatments on social media sites
- Using only trusted healthcare providers
Geisinger Health Plan will not request this type of information over the phone. If you suspect any fraudulent activity, you may contact: