Whether you need treatment for a heart condition or guidance to keep your heart healthy for years to come, you can count on us. Our heart specialists work together as a team, putting you at the center, to provide the best diagnosis and treatment possible.
Award-winning heart care
Many of our facilities have been accredited by the American Heart Association for exceptional heart attack care and have been named primary and comprehensive stroke centers. This means you have access to the most advanced treatments and technology available. From preventive care to genetic testing and counseling programs to minimally-invasive procedures, such as our innovative TAVR procedure for aortic valve replacement, and advanced heart surgery, we have a treatment option that’s right for you.
Our heart care team delivers exceptional care throughout your diagnosis, treatment and maintenance of your heart health.
- Congenital heart disease
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Coronary artery disease
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Heart attack
- Heart disease and cancer/CardioOncology
- Heart failure
- Heart surgery
- Heart valve disease
- Heart valve surgery
- Left ventricular assist device
- Mitral regurgitation
- Pacemakers and defibrillators
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR) and MitraClip
- Women’s heart health
Heart genetic counseling
Genetic counseling weighs the impact your personal or family history has on your likelihood of developing certain types of heart conditions.
Your doctor may recommend genetic counseling if you or a family member:
- Had an early heart attack (before age 50 for women, before age 55 for men)
- Have a history of high cholesterol or triglycerides, also known as familial hypocholesterolemia.
- Have been diagnosed with heart disease prematurely (before age 55 for men or age 65 for women)
Not sure if you qualify for genetic testing? Talk to your provider or call 570-214-2637 for more information.Learn about family heart risk
Highly trained heart doctorsNo matter the heart condition you’re facing, our heart specialists are among the most trained and experienced in their field. Whether you’re seeing a cardiologist or cardiothoracic surgeon, you can trust he or she has specialized training to treat your heart issue. And with more heart subspecialists than any other program in northeast and central Pennsylvania, you don’t have to travel far for the care you need.
Find a heart specialist
Leader in women’s heart healthBecause heart disease impacts so many women, our heart care team is dedicated to improving the education, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease in women. Our team is specially trained to recognize unique risk factors and symptoms in women and provide the best care possible to treat, and when possible, prevent heart disease.
Learn about women’s heart health
Participate in groundbreaking research
Find a heart doctor
Get heart care near you
Get 24/7 access to your health information
Our heart team is here to provide you and your loved ones with compassionate care and the most advanced heart treatments available. We offer:
- Unmatched expertise – Our heart team consists of compassionate and skilled heart surgeons, heart doctors and specialists, many of whom hold additional training beyond what's required. This team of highly trained specialists treats many patients with heart conditions each year and is focused on delivering the most personalized, excellent care that is suited to each patient’s needs.
- World-class care, close to home – With locations throughout central, northeast and south-central Pennsylvania, our experienced heart doctors, surgeons and specialists have extensive experience in treating heart conditions, from simple to complex. We offer leading-edge treatment options and tailored-to-you care backed by the expertise and innovation of a nationally recognized health system.
- Comprehensive treatments – From complex, exclusive and minimally invasive surgery options to national clinical trials and genetic testing, our heart doctors are dedicated to offering innovative treatment options and personalized care in convenient locations, so you don’t have to travel far.
- Genetic testing and counseling programs – Special research programs, such as MyCode, are only available at Geisinger. Participating in MyCode allows you to contribute to genetic research. By participating, some may receive information about their own genetic risks. Learn about MyCode.
- A leader in heart care – As a leader in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients who suffer a stroke, heart attack and other heart-related events, you can count on Geisinger for the highest level of care. Many of our hospitals have been recognized and accredited by the Joint Commission, American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for the advanced care we provide, as well as our highly trained staff.