Coronavirus Resource Center
Geisinger is here to help our communities stay safe and healthy, providing guidance and updates on ways to protect yourselves and your loved ones.
Top Geisinger COVID-19 updates
Top 10 things you can do
Many people with COVID are not seriously ill. If you have a fever and a cough or may have been exposed to someone with the virus, contact your physician for advice. Many people in our community may be at a higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19, such as those 60 and older and those with health conditions like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
If we each do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, we can help reduce the number of people who become critically ill at one time. That will help our local and national health systems better cope with COVID-19 patients.
- Practice social distancing. Don’t shake hands, avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Wash your hands — often. And for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based sanitizers and wipes with at least 60% alcohol are good, too.
- Avoid touching your face. Especially your mouth, nose and eyes. Also, cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing to stop the spread of viruses, like COVID-19, that are spread through droplets.
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected at your home, school and workplace.
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school, rest and drink lots of fluids.
- Think you need to be tested? If you're experiencing symptoms you think may be related to COVID-19, you should contact your primary care doctor first, who can advise on proper treatment and, if necessary, recommend further testing. Geisinger will only test individuals who meet the CDC's screening criteria. You can also call our 24/7 nurse triage line at 570-284-3657 with questions about symptoms or whether further evaluation or testing is needed.
- Get your flu shot, if you still need one and have an appointment already scheduled at one of our locations. Just ask your healthcare provider.
- Manage your care online. If you’re a Geisinger patient, message your care team, schedule appointments and access medical records (and your child’s too) online through the myGeisinger patient portal. You can also download the MyChart app for easier access.
- Get free delivery and curbside pickup of Rx. If you’re concerned about limiting being out in public, we can coordinate free home-delivery or curbside pickup at our CareSite retail locations. Find a pharmacy near you at Geisinger.org/pharmacy.
- Stay updated on COVID-19 and Geisinger’s response by bookmarking our Coronavirus Resource Center.
If you are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough or shortness of breath, the best thing to do is call your doctor or our dedicated 24/7 hotline staffed by nurses who have all the latest information and can tell you anything you need to know.
We ask that you do this before heading to the ER or seeking care at your doctor’s office, unless your symptoms worsen, and you have no other options for care. The ER is a crowded place, and the risk of infection to you and others is higher there.