Aneurysms are bulges in blood vessels that can form anywhere in the body. If undetected and untreated, aneurysms can rupture or clot.
What you should know about aneurysms
- There are many types of aneurysms, including aortic aneurysms of the thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta (AAA) and leg aneurysms.
- Often, there are no symptoms associated with aneurysms. When they’re discovered, it is usually during a routine exam or when you’re being treated for an unrelated condition. Aneurysms are repairable.
- To treat aneurysms, vascular surgeons perform thoracic aortic stent grafts, abdominal aortic stent grafts, open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair and lower limb stents or bypass.
Why choose Geisinger for your aneurysm care?
- Our vascular specialists are skilled in procedures to repair aneurysms, using the latest techniques and technologies to be as minimally invasive as possible.
- Geisinger vascular surgeons have the use of the hybrid endovascular suites to make repair safer for a quicker recovery.
If you’re dealing with an aneurysm, we can help with these treatments:
- Thoracic aortic stent grafts
- Abdominal aortic stent grafts
- Open abdominal aneurysm repair
- Lower limb stents or bypass
- Medical management of small aneurysms
Specialties and institutes
Connect with other specialties at Geisinger to learn more about these treatments.