Behavioral health intensive outpatient program
In many cases, a patient who is experiencing a behavioral health issue requires a special level of care to regain peace of mind. We developed the Geisinger Intensive Outpatient Program to deliver focused treatment of mental health conditions and behavioral issues in a warm, judgment-free setting.
What you should know about behavioral health intensive outpatient program
- The Geisinger Intensive Outpatient Program offers psychiatric care in a relaxing, home-like environment.
- Our unique program provides short-term, intensive treatment for behavioral health needs.
- The program is a convenient alternative to inpatient care or follow up after hospitalization.
- Patients attend structured group sessions, held three half-days a week, which include group therapy and psycho-education focused on goal setting, communication skills, cognitive therapy, mindfulness and stress management.
- A psychiatrist oversees all medication management and treatment plans.
Treats these conditions
Our intensive outpatient program for behavioral health services treats a wide range of conditions and challenges, including:
- Difficulty in adjusting to life changes (such as divorce, illness, death or job loss)
- Suicidal thinking or behavior
- Emotional instability
- Decline in daily functioning, including ability to concentrate