Vascular and interventional radiology
Vascular and Interventional radiology allows physicians to diagnose and treat conditions throughout the body using minimally invasive image-guided procedures. Through X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI and other imaging techniques, physicians are able to guide catheters and devices through the body to treat disease at its source.
Our physicians use safe and effective interventional radiology procedures to treat many diseases and conditions, including cancer, venous and arterial diseases, liver disease, infertility, fibroids, vertebral compression fractures, and conditions affecting the male and female reproductive systems.
What you should know about vascular and interventional radiology
- Interventional radiologists are physicians who have passed rigorous exams (board-certification) and who specialize in minimally invasive image-guided procedures.
- Conditions once requiring surgery can now be treated with interventional radiology techniques, resulting in less risk, less pain and shorter recovery time for patients.
Treats these conditions
Geisinger’s physicians utilize minimally invasive techniques to diagnose and treat a range of conditions under imaging guidance, including:
- Venous disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Liver Disease
- Vascular malformations
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Infertility and conditions of the reproductive system
Specialties and institutes
Connect with other specialties at Geisinger to learn more about these treatments.