Vestibular and balance issues
The vestibular system is made up of the parts of the inner ear and brain that control balance. If the vestibular system is damaged, symptoms like vertigo, dizziness, poor balance, and problems with hearing and seeing may become evident.
What you should know about vestibular and balance issues
- Vestibular conditions can be diagnosed using advanced equipment, including devices that measure inner ear movement and activity, hearing ability, brain signals and eye movement.
- Depending on the cause, vestibular and balance problems are treated with medication, physical therapy or sometimes surgery.
Why choose Geisinger for your vestibular and balance issues?
- Geisinger’s Vestibular and Balance Center is specially designed to treat patients experiencing vertigo, dizziness or imbalance as a result of vestibular disorders, head injuries, strokes or other neurologic problems.
- Our team includes a neurotologist/otologist (a specialist that focuses on the ear and its connection to the brain), a physical therapist and an audiologist. We also consult with other specialists as needed.
Specialties and institutes
Connect with other specialties at Geisinger to learn more about these treatments.
- Neurology and neurosurgery