After an accurate diagnosis of a patient’s hearing loss, our audiologists develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient. Treatment may include a hearing aid fitting and guidance on using the hearing aid successfully to offer people the ability to regain their quality of life.
What you should know about audiology/hearing services
- There are several different types of hearing loss, and an accurate evaluation and diagnosis is an important step toward getting hearing help.
- Recent advances in hearing aid technology have made hearing aids more effective than ever for people with mild, moderate and severe hearing loss.
Why choose Geisinger for your audiology/hearing services?
- Our audiologists use a comprehensive range of hearing tests that not only determine the type and degree of hearing loss, but also evaluate the middle ear function, hearing nerve, the inner-ear hair cells and the ear's balance system.
- Our audiology team takes a personalized approach to patient care, working closely with patients to fit the correct hearing aid and ensuring correct use.
Treats these conditions
Our audiology team understands the frustration and challenges that come with hearing loss in adults and children. We provide effective treatment for:
- Mild, moderate, severe or profound hearing loss