High-Risk Breast Clinic
Our High-Risk Breast Clinic helps people who face a higher risk of developing breast cancer, as well as those who have concerns about their risks.
- Dense breasts
- Family history of breast or ovarian cancer
- Previous biopsies that showed suspicious changes such as atypical hyperplasia in breast tissue
At our clinic, you receive a comprehensive evaluation and risk assessment. Our specialists then develop a personalized risk reduction strategy that may include medications or preventative surgery (in cases of very high risk).
What you should know about the High-Risk Breast Clinic
- The clinic is meant for people who are at an increased risk for breast cancer but have not been diagnosed with a genetic mutation (altered gene) associated with the disease. People with such mutations should visit our Inherited Risk Breast Clinic.
Many people worry that they are at increased risk for breast cancer. Often, our screening program can reduce your fears and worries by showing you that your risk is average, not high.
Why choose the Geisinger High-Risk Breast Clinic?
- Comprehensive risk assessment: We use a sophisticated, computer-generated genetic modeling program to evaluate the likelihood of developing cancer.
- Coordinated, specialized care: Specialists in breast health, genetics, radiology, pathology, medical oncology and radiation oncology work together to provide your care.
- Experienced genetic counselors: Our genetic counseling team is compassionate and knowledgeable.
Also see Inherited Risk Breast Clinic