Support for new or pregnant mothers with addiction
If you’re pregnant or a new mom with opioid or substance use disorder, we’re here to help you on the path to recovery.
Resources are available to help you overcome addiction
Fear of stigma may have you worried about seeking treatment — but it’s exactly why we offer programs with nonjudgmental, compassionate healthcare providers who have experience in treating addiction.
We want to help you face all the normal challenges that come along with being a new parent, as well as overcome obstacles including access to healthcare, effective treatment for addiction, social services, counseling, transportation and good nutrition for you and your baby.
Through our two opioid use and substance use disorder treatment programs, you and your baby can receive the resources and support you need to thrive in your pregnancy and beyond, free from addiction.
Our addiction treatment programs for pregnant women include:
Opioid Use Disorder program
This program is specifically designed to treat pregnant women addicted to opioids or with a history of or current opioid use disorder (or OUD, a dependence on opioids).
Mothers who participate in this program will receive medication-assisted treatment with Subutex (or buprenorphine) for six weeks postpartum to help ease cravings. Our compassionate team will then help you find another treatment provider that’s right for you to continue recovery.
For more information on this program, talk to your healthcare provider or call us to get started:
- Geisinger Medical Center (Danville, PA): 844-762-2864
- Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre (Wilkes-Barre, PA): 570-808-8921
- Geisinger Lewistown Hospital (Lewistown, PA): 717-242-7943
This free program provides healthcare and social services for new mothers or pregnant women who struggle with opioid use or substance use disorder (or SUD, a dependence on alcohol, amphetamines, methamphetamines, benzodiazepines, marijuana, cocaine and other substances).
Your participation in Free2BMom begins while you’re pregnant, and we’ll support you and your baby for two years after childbirth. We can also enroll you after the birth of your baby. In this program, you’ll receive:
- Help finding outpatient counseling
- Weekly or monthly appointments with the medication-assisted treatment healthcare team (as appropriate)
- Social services and community-based assistance
- Family members’ involvement in your treatment, so everyone can begin to heal together
- Help finding therapy and 12-step meetings to provide the tools necessary to succeed while avoiding relapse
An addiction treatment team that’s in your corner
Your care team will include a case manager, a peer support person and doctors for you and your baby, as well as people trained in social work, addiction medicine, counseling, behavioral health, nutrition and exercise.
And that team will work together to help prevent you from relapsing, reduce the severity or neonatal abstinence syndrome in your baby, and most importantly, keep you and your baby together, healthy, happy and thriving.
You’re eligible for Free2BMom if you:
- Live in Columbia, Luzerne, Montour, Union, Snyder or Northumberland County
- Are pregnant or recently have given birth, with or without insurance
Looking for more information or to enroll in Free2BMom? Fill out the form on this page or contact us at 844-762-2864.