Look and feel your best with body contouring
Sometimes diet and exercise are not enough to get rid of those stubborn areas of fat or loose skin. No matter what beauty looks like to you, our skilled body contouring specialists can help you achieve your goals with the help of the latest surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
What is body contouring?
Body contouring, also called body sculpting, includes any combination of procedures that help to improve the look of loose skin, persistent areas of fat or a protruding stomach. Surgery can remove that skin to improve your quality of life and appearance.
Unwanted areas of fat that do not go away with diet and exercise can be removed with both surgical and nonsurgical (noninvasive) options. After having children, your abdominal muscles can separate, resulting in a protruding stomach, and this can be improved surgically by tightening those muscles.
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Body lift
- Breast lift
- Upper back lift
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift
These procedures are most effective if you are at or near your ideal body weight. Depending on your goals, our team will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that may include surgical or nonsurgical treatments.
Body contouring treatmentsOur plastic surgeons perform all types of body contouring surgery including:
Whether caused by age, genetics or weight loss, excess thigh fat and skin can be very difficult to eliminate. During a thigh lift, your excess thigh fat and skin are removed from the inner thighs to improve appearance and function.
Body contouring at Geisinger
After massive weight loss, we can help you achieve the figure you want with both surgical and nonsurgical options. We offer:
- The knowledge you need – Your team is powered by surgeons with years of training and experience. Their expertise has been honed by performing many reconstructive surgery procedures. And their focus is on helping you look and feel your best. Meet our plastic surgery team.
- Advanced nonsurgical fat reduction: We offer CoolSculpting® (cryolipolysis), a noninvasive procedure that permanently destroys fat cells in your abdomen, thighs and sides by freezing them. You can reduce fat with this noninvasive procedure on your lunch hour, returning to work the same afternoon.
- Surgery after weight loss: If you’ve lost significant weight after bariatric surgery, loose skin may cause frustration. Working with your weight loss team, we’ll create a plan so you’ll feel your best.
- Care designed for you, where you live – With locations throughout northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania, our experienced plastic surgery team provides consultations and comprehensive care. We offer leading-edge treatment options and tailored-to-you care, backed by the expertise and innovation of a nationally recognized health system. Find a location near me.