When you are impacted by a birth defect, cancer or trauma, our plastic surgeons can help restore your appearance and function. To best meet your needs, our team is skilled in numerous reconstructive surgeries including:
- Eyebrow lift
- Eyelid surgery
- Face and neck lift
- Microsurgery reconstruction after cancer/trauma
- Non-invasive procedures: Botox, Kybella, Microneedling, PRP
- Reconstruction after Mohs surgery
- Scar revision
- Breast augmentation
- Breast implant revision
- Breast lift
- Breast reconstruction: Tissue flap reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast reconstruction-DIEP (Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator) flap
- Upper and lower extremity-ALT flap, radial forearm flap, latissimus flap, rectus flap
Congenital (pediatric) abnormalities
- Cleft palate and lip repair
- Ear reshaping
- Breast anomalies
- Hemangioma/vascular malformation excision
- Cranial vault
- Hand anomalies
What is the difference between reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery?
Reconstructive surgery differs from cosmetic surgery, which is an elective procedure that can enhance your physical appearance. If you are looking to slow down the effects of aging or improve an area that has always bothered you through cosmetic surgery, our surgery team will discuss both surgical and non-surgical options and tailor a treatment plan specifically for you.
To best meet your needs, our team is skilled in numerous cosmetic surgeries including:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Brow lift
- Neck lift
- Genioplasty (chin enhancement)
- Fat graft
- Ear pinning (Otoplasty)
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (Mastopexy), with or without augmentation
- Breast reduction, including male breast reduction (gynecomastia)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Thigh lift
- Upper back (bra-line) lift
- Sclerotherapy to treat blood vessels
Ruth had prophylactic breast surgery and reconstruction after a MyCode genetic result revealed she was at increased risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery at Geisinger
From treating medical conditions that affect the way you look to helping you enhance your natural beauty, our surgeons offer the best in plastic and reconstructive surgery care. We offer:
- The knowledge you need – Your team is powered by surgeons with years of training and experience. Their expertise has been honed by performing many plastic surgery procedures. And their focus is on helping you look and feel your best. Meet our plastic surgery team.
- Surgery after weight loss – If you’ve lost significant weight after bariatric surgery, loose skin may cause frustration. Working with your weight loss team, we’ll create a plan so you’ll feel your best.
- Care designed for you, where you live – With locations throughout northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania, our experienced plastic surgery team provides consultations and comprehensive care. We offer leading-edge treatment options and tailored-to-you care, backed by the expertise and innovation of a nationally recognized health system. Find a location near me.