Clinical nutrition and diabetes education
If you're looking to improve your nutrition or living with diabetes, our clinical nutrition team can help you achieve a healthier lifestyle. Our experienced registered dietitian nutritionists will assess and evaluate your needs to create a nutrition plan that’s tailored to your lifestyle and wellness goals. Whether you're managing a chronic condition, such as diabetes or heart disease, are recovering from a procedure, or looking to gain or lose weight, we’re here to help.
Our team of registered dietitian nutritionists, certified diabetes educators and nurses specialize in food and nutrition, as well as diabetes care. Our goal is to understand your unique needs and help you reach your goals. We offer:
- Nutrition assessment and education during one-on-one appointments, or group classes, to help you manage your specific health concerns or conditions.
- Individualized nutrition plans tailored to you and your needs.
- Nutrition support inside our hospitals as you heal and recover.
- Support for managing diabetes, inside and outside the hospital.
- Care that’s close to home. Our clinical nutrition and diabetes services are available throughout northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania.
Diabetes management support and services
If you struggle with managing your diabetes, our Diabetes Self-Management Training program, which is accredited by the American Diabetes Association, can help. This program focuses on helping you reach your health goals by providing the education and treatment you need to successfully manage your diabetes.
Our team will guide you through food and nutrition counseling, education on the benefits of exercise, medication and insulin management, glucose control, and management for chronic complications involving the heart, kidneys and eyes.
Nutrition and diabetes-related conditions we treat
Our clinical nutrition and adult diabetes education teams are specially trained to evaluate your needs and help you manage the following conditions:
- Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Eating disorders
- Food and drug allergies
- Gestational diabetes
- Heart disease
- Steroid-dependent diabetes
- Weight management
Using the Fresh Food Farmacy’s food as medicine approach, you can manage diabetes, live a healthier lifestyle and still have fun in the kitchen. Celebrity Chef Curtis Aikens and Geisinger Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Emily Newhard show you how.