Geisinger’s pediatric dermatologists care for all types of hair, skin and nail conditions in children. Whether an unexplained rash, a concerning mole or frustrating acne, we are able to effectively diagnose and treat a variety of conditions.
Why choose Geisinger for pediatric dermatology care?
- Child-friendly evaluation: Geisinger’s pediatric dermatologists have specialized training in treating hair, skin and nail conditions that are unique to children. We provide care in a manner that keeps children comfortable and at ease.
- Age-appropriate treatment plans: Children’s skin is different and more sensitive than adult skin. We offer treatments for conditions ranging from simple to complex, for children of all ages. Our treatments also include acne care for adolescents.
- Latest therapies and techniques: We ensure that children receive the most effective treatment available, achieving the best outcomes with the latest technologies:
- Lasers and other non-invasive treatments allow our pediatric dermatologists to offer safe treatment options, especially when other methods haven’t worked.
Hair, skin and nail conditions and treatments
Our caring pediatric dermatologists have advanced training to evaluate the condition bothering your child and provide leading-edge treatment.
- Allergies and asthma
- Birthmarks and scars
- Contact dermatitis (poison ivy)
- Eczema, skin rashes and hives
- Hemangiomas or strawberry marks
- Vascular lesions
- Warts and molluscum
- Laser or non-invasive treatment
- Light therapy
- Over the counter creams, soaps and moisturizers
- Topical and oral prescription medications