Pediatric leukemia and lymphoma
Leukemia and lymphoma are cancers in blood and marrow, the bone tissue that produces blood cells. Abnormal cells develop and outnumber normal ones, affecting their function. While the cancers’ causes are largely unknown, we work with national groups researching the role genetics and environmental factors may play.
Geisinger offers promising therapies for every type and stage of leukemia and lymphoma. When caught early, both diseases have excellent cure rates, allowing children to live active, healthy lives.
What you should know about leukemia and lymphoma
Geisinger offers a range of effective treatment options, backed by research and targeted to the type of blood cancer, its stage and its severity. We treat all forms of childhood leukemia and lymphoma:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
- Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML)
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Why choose Geisinger for your leukemia and lymphoma care?
- New Treatments: Through our partnership with the Children’s Oncology Group, Geisinger can offer children access to new treatments and therapies that are not widely available. Geisinger’s research into exploring new combinations of medications to target leukemia and lymphoma holds great promise.
- Clinical Trials: We offer access to new medications through the latest Children’s Oncology Group clinical trials.
Request an appointment
Geisinger’s cancer specialists offer leading-edge treatments for pediatric leukemia and lymphoma in convenient locations throughout the region.
- 3-D conformal radiation therapy (3-D CRT)
- Blood transfusion
- Clinical trials
- Immunotherapy, including allergy shots
- Radiation therapy