Telemedicine diabetes care
Stay connected to your health and your diabetes care team. We use the latest telehealth technology to help you manage your diabetes — so you can focus on living your healthiest, happiest life.
If you’re living with diabetes, you know that monitoring your health is vital to your overall well-being. And with that comes routine visits to your doctor. Telemedicine appointments give you the same excellent care and advice you’d get at your doctor’s office — only with less travel, less wait times and more convenience.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine (or telehealth) is a virtual medical visit that lets you communicate with your doctor or healthcare provider through technology. But you don’t need to be tech-savvy. With a telemedicine visit, you’ll come into our clinic like you normally would.
Once you’re settled into an exam room, our staff will securely connect you to your endocrinologist through a computer screen — just like with FaceTime or a video chat. After you’ve connected through telemedicine technology, your endocrinologist will begin your e-Visit.
During your telemedicine visit, your doctor may:
- Review your latest A1C reading (which measures your average blood sugar level)
- Track your daily blood glucose levels
- Review, prescribe and adjust your medications
- Discuss lifestyle changes that can improve your health, including diet, activity and sleep habits
- Answer questions about your condition or health
Whether you live in a smaller community or traveling to our specialty clinics isn’t an option for you, telemedicine connects you to highly trained diabetes specialists out of your area — so you get excellent care without having to travel.
Telemedicine diabetes appointments
Telemedicine endocrinology visits allow you to:
- See an experienced Geisinger endocrinologist sooner than you would with a traditional appointment.
- See, hear and talk with your endocrinologist just like at a traditional appointment, only you’ll see them on a computer screen instead.
- Receive the same excellent care and medical advice you’d expect from any Geisinger doctor’s visit.
Interested in scheduling a telemedicine appointment?
Request an e-Visit for your next endocrinology appointment by calling 570-701-8880, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., or Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telemedicine endocrinology appointments are available at:
100 N. Academy Ave.
Danville, PA 18704
Diabetes care at Geisinger
If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or you’re at risk for developing it later, there are a lot of resources to help you make healthy choices and take an active role in your care. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
- Dedicated care team – After you receive a diabetes diagnosis, we don’t just write you a prescription and send you on your way. You’ll have a large network of doctors, nurses and specialists involved in your care — from your primary care doctor to an endocrinologist, a dietitian, a pharmacist, a cardiologist and a community health assistant.
- Diabetes educators – Your diabetes educator will teach you about the importance of a healthy diet, show you how to check and monitor your blood sugar, provide you with resources for self-management, and get to know you and your family personally. They’re here to answer your questions and help you live your best life.
- Diabetes classes – Our free education classes cover different topics each week, like diet and exercise, diabetes monitoring and how to lower your risk of complications. These sessions are a great way to connect with others and take charge of your health. Find diabetes classes near me.
- Clinical nutrition assistance – Whether through group appointments, culinary medicine cooking classes, our Fresh Food Farmacy program or nutritional counseling, you’ll learn how what you eat affects your blood sugar — and how you can make healthier food choices.