Telemedicine diabetes care
Stay connected to your health and your diabetes care team. We use the latest telehealth technology to help you manage your diabetes — so you can focus on living your healthiest, happiest life.
If you’re living with diabetes, you know that monitoring your health is vital to your overall well-being. And with that comes routine visits to your doctor. Telemedicine appointments give you the same excellent care and advice you’d get at your doctor’s office — only with less travel, less wait times and more convenience.
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine (or telehealth) is a virtual medical visit that lets you communicate with your doctor or healthcare provider through technology. But you don’t need to be tech-savvy. With a telemedicine visit, you’ll come into our clinic like you normally would.
Once you’re settled into an exam room, our staff will securely connect you to your endocrinologist through a computer screen — just like with FaceTime or a video chat. After you’ve connected through telemedicine technology, your endocrinologist will begin your e-Visit.
During your telemedicine visit, your doctor may:
- Review your latest A1C reading (which measures your average blood sugar level)
- Track your daily blood glucose levels
- Review, prescribe and adjust your medications
- Discuss lifestyle changes that can improve your health, including diet, activity and sleep habits
- Answer questions about your condition or health
Whether you live in a smaller community or traveling to our specialty clinics isn’t an option for you, telemedicine connects you to highly trained diabetes specialists out of your area — so you get excellent care without having to travel.
Telemedicine diabetes appointments
Telemedicine endocrinology visits allow you to:
- See an experienced Geisinger endocrinologist sooner than you would with a traditional appointment.
- See, hear and talk with your endocrinologist just like at a traditional appointment, only you’ll see them on a computer screen instead.
- Receive the same excellent care and medical advice you’d expect from any Geisinger doctor’s visit.
Diabetes care at Geisinger
If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or you’re at risk for developing it later, there are a lot of resources to help you make healthy choices and take an active role in your care. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
- Dedicated care team – After you receive a diabetes diagnosis, we don’t just write you a prescription and send you on your way. You’ll have a large network of doctors, nurses and specialists involved in your care — from your primary care doctor to an endocrinologist, a dietitian, a pharmacist, a cardiologist and a community health assistant.
- Diabetes educators – Your diabetes educator will teach you about the importance of a healthy diet, show you how to check and monitor your blood sugar, provide you with resources for self-management, and get to know you and your family personally. They’re here to answer your questions and help you live your best life.
- Diabetes classes – Our free education classes cover different topics each week, like diet and exercise, diabetes monitoring and how to lower your risk of complications. These sessions are a great way to connect with others and take charge of your health. Find diabetes classes near me.
- Clinical nutrition assistance – Whether through group appointments, culinary medicine cooking classes, our Fresh Food Farmacy program or nutritional counseling, you’ll learn how what you eat affects your blood sugar — and how you can make healthier food choices.