A new kind of care, focused on you
Personalized primary care and wellness for people 65+
What is Geisinger 65 Forward? Senior primary care (and so much more).
Geisinger 65 Forward is designed exclusively for people 65 and older. Our health and wellness centers offer everything you need under one roof in a calm, relaxing environment that feels more like a spa than a clinic.
Everything under one roof
Social + educational activities
Chair yoga, ceramics, card games and more fill your calendar and keep you healthier and happier — for free, and in the same location as your doctor
A personal wellness plan
How can I join Geisinger 65 Forward?
Signing up is easy. All you have to do is be 65 or older and have Geisinger Gold (Medicare Advantage) insurance.
Have questions related to Geisinger Gold? Our insurance specialists are on standby Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., to answer your questions. Call us for more information: 570-207-5970.
Free e-book: “Your guide to thriving in your golden years”
In addition to offering longer appointments and fitness classes in the same location as your doctor, we want to help you make the most of life. And we’re here for you every step of the way.
That’s why we’ve put together a free e-book that offers tips on topics including:
- How to exercise to support bone strength
- Keep your brain sharp
- Track your medication
- Track your blood pressure
- And more
Just fill out the form to download your free e-book, instantly.
Frequently asked questions
Is Geisinger 65 Forward only available to Geisinger Gold members? What other types of insurances does this program accept?
Geisinger 65 Forward is available to Geisinger Gold (Medicare Advantage) members. We also accept Tricare (insurance for military veterans). Have questions about Geisinger Gold? We have an insurance specialist available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday to answer them. Call us for more information: 570-207-5970.
Why is the program only available to Geisinger Gold members?
What services are available?
Get the care you need, from doctor visits to social activities and fitness classes, all in one convenient location:
- Lab services
- Hearing and balance services
- Radiology services
- Nutritional services
- Community support services
- Behavioral and mental health services
- Pharmacy home delivery (of your eligible prescriptions)
- Various outpatient specialty services
- Wellness offerings
- State-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Wellness coordinator
- Exercise classes, including yoga and circuit training
- Educational activities, like cooking and wellness classes
- Activities such as arts and crafts, bingo, parties and events
Can I still use the fitness equipment if I’m not part of the Geisinger 65 Forward program?
My spouse is 65 and part of Geisinger 65 Forward. Can I come with my spouse to use the fitness equipment even though I’m not a patient?
Can I use the Geisinger 65 Forward Health Center as an outpatient facility for lab draws, X-rays and other services if I’m not a patient there?
Can I still attend a wellness class if I’m not part of the Geisinger 65 Forward program?
Can I participate in the social events without being part of the program?
How do you become a patient in the Geisinger 65 Forward program? Can my current primary care provider refer me?
Geisinger 65 Forward Health Centers offer a new patient orientation — there, you can learn about the program and meet our providers. To qualify, you must be 65 or older and have Geisinger Gold (Medicare Advantage) insurance. You don’t need a referral, but you will need to switch from your current primary care provider (PCP) to one of our Geisinger 65 Forward providers. Have questions about Geisinger Gold? We have an insurance specialist available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday to answer them. Call us for more information: 570-207-5970.
Do I have to switch my Geisinger primary care provider to take advantage of all the other offerings at the Geisinger 65 Forward Health Center?
We could really use this program in my area. Is the program expanding?
Who is part of the Geisinger 65 Forward care team?
Our team is focused on personalized healthcare for your optimal health and wellness. We’ll be your personal health coach, your advocate and your biggest cheerleader with a team that includes:
- Specialized physician. Your doctor specializes in treating patients 65+ and oversees all your medical needs.
- Nurse. Works alongside your doctor and knows you and your medical history.
- Care coordinator/coach. Makes sure you get the right care at the right time, based on your unique medical needs.
- Social worker. Works with you and your family to coordinate non-clinical needs like counseling.
- Nutritionist. Reviews your diet and recommends healthy choices.
- Wellness coordinator. Works with your doctor to create a fitness plan tailored to your needs.
- Healthcare advocate. Works with you and your family — as well as your specialists, hospitals and Medicare plan — to coordinate your care and help you take advantage of the health benefits and services we offer.
How is Geisinger 65 Forward keeping patients safe during COVID-19?
If you need to go to the doctor’s office, you may be wondering whether it’s safe. Don't worry — protecting your health is what we do best. Here are some of the additional precautions we’re taking to keep our patients, staff and communities healthy and safe as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
- Screening every person who comes to our 65 Forward Health Centers, including staff members, for symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) and checking temperatures, which are taken using no-contact infrared thermometers.
- Requiring everyone to wear masks. Don’t have a mask? We’ll have one ready for you when you come in for your appointment or procedure.
- Extra cleaning measures, including deep-cleaning all waiting areas and exam rooms multiple times a day
- Reconfigured waiting and exam rooms to expand the space between chairs so that everyone can stay at least 6 feet apart and practice physical distancing.
For more information, visit geisinger.org/safe.