Behavioral health group therapy
Group therapy can be a powerful treatment for a wide range of behavioral issues. Many patients find that participating in a group provides them additional support, puts their problems in perspective and helps keep them accountable of progress toward their goals.
At Geisinger, we offer group therapy sessions that can help patients or families work through conflict, behavioral issues and other concerns in a supportive, judgment-free group setting.
What you should know about behavioral health group therapy
- We offer group therapy for individuals, couples and family members.
- Our group therapy sessions are led and facilitated by specialists who are trained to help patients cope with and resolve their issues.
- Our group topics include disruptive child behavior, adolescent issues, adult behavioral health and pain management.
Treats these conditions
Our specialists use group therapy to help patients cope with behavioral health concerns Each model of care is separate for conditions, including:
- Child development
- Child and adolescent behavioral issues
- Chronic pain
- Emotion regulation and managing distress
- Men’s issues, including communication and coping
- Women’s issues, including communication, coping and empowerment
Specialties and institutes
Connect with other specialties at Geisinger to learn more about these treatments.