Cosmetic breast surgery
Feel more comfortable and confident with cosmetic breast surgery.
What is cosmetic breast surgery?
Cosmetic breast surgery is an elective procedure that enhances the physical appearance of your breasts to achieve your desired look. Whether you’re struggling with confidence, uneven breasts, or strain on your back, our skilled surgeons can enlarge, lift or reduce your breasts to best meet your needs.
Our surgeons can help you achieve the look you desire with procedures including:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Breast lift and augmentation
- Breast asymmetry correction
- Breast reduction
Types of cosmetic breast surgery
Depending on your goals or needs, there are several options for cosmetic breast surgery that can help improve the appearance of your breasts. These include:
Breast augmentation surgery involves placing breast implants behind breast tissue or behind breast muscle. Breast implants are filled with either saline (sterile saltwater) solution or silicone gel.
The United States Food and Drug Administration has approved both types of implants. Your surgeon can help you figure out which type is best for your desired results.
A breast augmentation can also be done at the same time as a breast augmentation. A breast lift and augmentation is also called a mastopexy augmentation.
A breast lift, also called a mastopexy, can raise your breasts by removing excess skin and tightening surrounding tissue.
Your breasts naturally change over time with a loss of elasticity from:
- Pregnancy and/or breast feeding
- Weight fluctuations
This procedure can reshape your breasts, provide support and improve shape. A breast lift can also reduce the size of your areola (area around your nipple) which can become enlarged over time. However, a breast lift does not change the size of your breasts like a breast augmentation surgery.
A breast lift can also be done at the same time as breast augmentation. A breast lift and augmentation is also called a mastopexy augmentation.
A breast reduction reduces the size of your breasts by removing excess fat, tissue and skin. This surgery can help lessen neck and back pain caused by large breasts.
A breast reduction surgery doesn’t only reduce neck and back pain but can improve your overall quality of life. The surgery can lessen wardrobe concerns and enable you to enjoy physical activities that were difficult before.
If your breasts are uneven or different sizes, it can affect how you look, feel and even how your clothing fits. With breast asymmetry correcting surgery, your surgeon can help restore balance and the appearance of your breasts.
During this procedure, your surgeon can either reduce the size of your larger breast through a breast reduction procedure or increase the size of your smaller breast through a breast augmentation procedure. Your surgeon will discuss the options with you and create a custom treatment plan to help you achieve your desired look.
Cosmetic breast surgery care at Geisinger
Our entire team is here to support you throughout your surgery with expert and compassionate care. We offer:
- The expertise you need – Your care team is powered by surgeons with years of training and experience. Many of our breast surgeons have completed advanced training (called fellowships) in specific types of surgery. Their expertise has been honed by treating many people with breast issues every year. And their focus is on delivering the care best suited to your needs.
- Safe, effective surgical care – Our surgeons use the latest research and recommendations to achieve the best possible outcomes. And their focus is on helping you look and feel your best.
- Care designed for you, where you live – With locations throughout northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania, our experienced cosmetic surgery team provides consultations and comprehensive care. Find a location near me.