Our pediatric otolaryngologists, commonly referred to as pediatric ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctors, offer comprehensive medical and surgical treatment for conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat, or head and neck in children and adolescents.
What is pediatric otolaryngology?
Pediatric otolaryngology is a medical specialty that focuses on treating conditions of the ears, nose and throat, including the sinuses, esophagus, oral cavity, larynx (voice box), upper pharynx (mouth and throat), as well as conditions affecting the head and neck.
Pediatric otolaryngologists are often referred to as ear, nose and throat doctors, or ENT specialists for short.
Conditions we treat
Our specialists diagnose and treat ear, nose and throat conditions ranging from simple to complex, including disorders that affect the head and neck. We treat conditions such as:
- Balance disorders
- Diseases of the larynx (voice box)
- Ear infections
- Ear noise (tinnitus)
- Enlarged tonsils and adenoids
- Head and neck tumors (both benign and cancerous)
- Nasal obstruction due to deviated septum
- Persistent ear infections
- Persistent sore throats
- Sinus problems (sinusitis)
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Hearing impairment (placement of ear tubes, hearing aids and cochlear implants)
Complex care, close to home
Should your child have an ENT condition requiring more extensive care, you don’t have to travel far to get the specialty care they need. We offer comprehensive and advanced care right here in Danville, Pa.
- Our cochlear implant team evaluates children with profound hearing loss to determine whether they will benefit from an implantable hearing device.
- The Center for Voice and Swallowing restores voice and throat function to preserve the ability to speak and swallow.
- In children with complex cleft lip and cleft palate disorders, our experienced pediatric plastic surgeons and pediatric otolaryngologists will create a customized care plan to restore form and function.
- In infants, children and adolescents with sleep problems, our pediatric multidisciplinary sleep clinic offers a multi-physician team that comes together to create a personalized treatment plan for each child.
- If your child needs tracheotomy care, our team approach includes pulmonologists, head and neck surgeons, speech and swallowing pathologists, respiratory therapists and specially trained staff to provide compassionate, comprehensive care for your family.
Your child's ENT care team
When necessary, our specialists work with a team of providers to manage your child’s ENT care. This approach is especially important for children who have multiple conditions that can complicate treatment. Our ENT team includes:
- Pediatric otolaryngologists
- Behavioral health and developmental medicine specialists
- Speech and language pathologists, from pediatric rehabilitation
- Social workers
- Dental medicine specialists
- Plastic surgeons
- Pediatric genetic disorder specialists
- Gastroenterologists (GI doctors)